BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-03-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Service completed.. Boost leaks & new battery recall

So I took my car in for service because it was due and I was getting a low coolant level warning in the morning along with a rough idle only on cold start. So they changed the oil, micro-filters, etc.

I found out that you cannot just add coolant to the N63TU, it has to be re-pressurized by the dealer or the sensor will keep tripping. They also changed my battery and didn't want to explain why, but my car has been fine.

Now the crazy part, in regards to the rough idle on cold start they found 2 crank case vent hoses on top of the motor right under the cover and above the turbos that were cracked and leaking, I have never touched those hoses so I would have that checked next time any of you go in for service because the car now feels like it accelerates a lot faster, I was probably losing some boost to the leaks and most likely they cracked due to heat from being right above the turbos.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
BBLF13
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' 650i Coupe

If i recall, you have a jb4 tune for your car. If I am correct, did you take out the tune prior coming in for service or did you just leave out the tune? I have my service soon, Not sure if i should take off the tune and re-install it or just leave it the way it is.
Dinan Stage 1
H&R Lowering Kit
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 02:07 AM   #3
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBLF13 View Post
If i recall, you have a jb4 tune for your car. If I am correct, did you take out the tune prior coming in for service or did you just leave out the tune? I have my service soon, Not sure if i should take off the tune and re-install it or just leave it the way it is.
I did not have a tune. I wouldn't risk it considering how easy it is to remove.
Appreciate 0