BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

12-21-2015, 12:02 PM   #1
noremaC
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90M

Arrow Best Deal? Brake Service Kit

So I've seen this question come up quite a few times within threads after performing a few searches.

FCP Euro offers a decent deal ($1340): https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...sYcaApM28P8HAQ

ECS has a slightly better deal for about $80 less ($1260): https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E92-M3...its/ES2712831/

Has anyone seen a better deal than this floating around recently? Any holiday or new year specials? I understand you have to pay to play but never hurts doing a little extra research, or in this case, asking fellow owners.

CM
      12-22-2015, 12:32 PM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Those are good prices for OE spec parts.

I would stay away from Hawk HPS pads as they are not nearly the performance of the stock pads, but they do have much less dust.

Hit us up if you would like a quote with Stoptech Street Performance pads or just have any questions.
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2015, 02:42 PM   #3
noremaC
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90M

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Those are good prices for OE spec parts.

I would stay away from Hawk HPS pads as they are not nearly the performance of the stock pads, but they do have much less dust.

Hit us up if you would like a quote with Stoptech Street Performance pads or just have any questions.
HP Autosport

Thanks for the note.

Coming from track pads (Carbotech track pads) on stock rotors (which squeal like hell!), I don't want anything less performance-wise than stock.

With Stoptech, how is the rotor wear compared to stock? Dust? Noise?

The one thing I hate about the Carotech pads is that they are LOUD. I want to get rid of all.
      12-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #4
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by noremaC View Post
HP Autosport

Thanks for the note.

Coming from track pads (Carbotech track pads) on stock rotors (which squeal like hell!), I don't want anything less performance-wise than stock.

With Stoptech, how is the rotor wear compared to stock? Dust? Noise?

The one thing I hate about the Carotech pads is that they are LOUD. I want to get rid of all.
Stoptech Street Performance as the name implies it's a street performance pad so all street manners are retained, lower dust than OE pads and similar friction levels. Light track day would be okay as well. Rotor wear will be very similar to the OE pads as well.
Appreciate 0