BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

01-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #1
taxjoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i & 2015 Z4 35i

unusual red line surrounding image of X5 in instrument cluster

Hello everyone. It seems like almost every day I discover something new on my 2016 X5 50i. As you know, when we start our X5s, for a brief moment an image of the X5 appears along with the number of miles to go until service. This past weekend as I started the X5 the image of the X5 appeared as usual but this time the image was surrounded by an outline of a narrow red line. It went away so quickly I did not have a chance to take a picture of it. In fact, I thought I was just imagining it. Well, it happened again yesterday. Maybe this has been fully discussed in another thread or outlined in detail in the owner's manual. I could not find anything about this when I searched. Anyone know what is this red line that surrounds the X5 image in the instrument cluster? The only difference I could find was that I had the headlights turned off (not on automatic as I usually have it set) and it was cold out (at least the way we define "cold" in Florida - it was 37 degrees out). When I tried to duplicate these conditions no red line appeared so that does not seem to cause this red line. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 12:11 PM   #2
Barbera335
Captain
Rep
Drives: F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxjoc View Post
Hello everyone. It seems like almost every day I discover something new on my 2016 X5 50i. As you know, when we start our X5s, for a brief moment an image of the X5 appears along with the number of miles to go until service. This past weekend as I started the X5 the image of the X5 appeared as usual but this time the image was surrounded by an outline of a narrow red line. It went away so quickly I did not have a chance to take a picture of it. In fact, I thought I was just imagining it. Well, it happened again yesterday. Maybe this has been fully discussed in another thread or outlined in detail in the owner's manual. I could not find anything about this when I searched. Anyone know what is this red line that surrounds the X5 image in the instrument cluster? The only difference I could find was that I had the headlights turned off (not on automatic as I usually have it set) and it was cold out (at least the way we define "cold" in Florida - it was 37 degrees out). When I tried to duplicate these conditions no red line appeared so that does not seem to cause this red line. Any ideas?
I believe it means your vehicle is overdue for service.
Appreciate 0