R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
salraf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, prior F80 M3, E60 M5

Temperature gauge

This may have been talked about before, but the temperature gauge in my car. Most of the time is nowhere near accurate.

In the middle of the day, I started the car and the temperature gauge read 65° and after three minutes climb to 68°. Outside temperature according to my iPhone was 86°.

Not sure if there is a way recalibrating the temperature gauge are not. I do use to BMW online widget As a like a big display of current time, however, the temperature is a generality and not current.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 07:27 PM   #2
HDDMark
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 SS F80

I've noticed this before too. I drove to work one morning and it was in the 30s but warmed up to the 60s in the afternoon. When I got in the car to go home the display was indicating well below the ambient temperature. Like 20 degrees less. It seemed like the temperature reading was stuck at the morning temperature and then it took a while to get up to the current temperature. Almost like there's some thing in the computer that won't let the display suddenly jump up 20 or 30 degrees from the last time the car was shut down.

I don't know what's up but you're not alone.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 07:50 AM   #3
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

Same issue here. When I get to work in the morning it's reading 50-60, when leaving work it's still in the 50s even though it's now 80 out. It'll be right by the time I get home though! Little bit annoying.
Appreciate 0