BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-29-2016, 12:54 PM   #1
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Help me make a decision?

I am debating between taking over a lease, or leasing new.

The lease takeover would be for a carbon black car with red interior. Has every option with the exception of rear entertainment (don't need). 27 months left, total price for the 27 months would be $37,584

The new lease would be for a donington grey car with full black interior. Doesn't have night vision, rear entertainment (don't need) or parking assist. Total price for 30 months would be $40,263.

I actually prefer the lower months, and like the idea of having park assist and night vision. But at this close of a price difference would it be dumb for me to take over a lease? Instead of just leasing new?

The other thing holding me back from taking over the lease is that my wife has a 50i in carbon black, seems odd to have two carbon black x5's.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 02:10 PM   #2
BMWSRT
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1
I am debating between taking over a lease, or leasing new.

The lease takeover would be for a carbon black car with red interior. Has every option with the exception of rear entertainment (don't need). 27 months left, total price for the 27 months would be $37,584

The new lease would be for a donington grey car with full black interior. Doesn't have night vision, rear entertainment (don't need) or parking assist. Total price for 30 months would be $40,263.

I actually prefer the lower months, and like the idea of having park assist and night vision. But at this close of a price difference would it be dumb for me to take over a lease? Instead of just leasing new?

The other thing holding me back from taking over the lease is that my wife has a 50i in carbon black, seems odd to have two carbon black x5's.
For that small price difference, you should just do what you want. Personally I would lease new or order the one you want exactly and not settle for one because of the minimal price difference....
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 03:00 PM   #3
GladiatorOwner
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C

Always lease or buy new. You break it in and know all the secrets a car has from day one. I have night vision in my M6 and it's cool but never use it and I live where Bambi lives, still don't use it. A gimmick in real world applications. Park assist, really, what M owner can't park their own effn car? Another gimmick. Of course, all imho......but you asked ha
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 03:11 PM   #4
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner View Post
Always lease or buy new. You break it in and know all the secrets a car has from day one. I have night vision in my M6 and it's cool but never use it and I live where Bambi lives, still don't use it. A gimmick in real world applications. Park assist, really, what M owner can't park their own effn car? Another gimmick. Of course, all imho......but you asked ha
I had night vision and park assist on my last 6 series and never used them as well. I thought night vision got upgraded, but after doing the research it seems like its the same system.

I am still trying to reduce the grey one on the lot by a couple more thousand, but either way, you guys are right. Safer bet to take the one from the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 05:32 PM   #5
imahobo
Private
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M, 991TT

A bigger consideration for me: free scheduled maintenance. BMW no longer allows it to be transferred; it's only available to the first owner of record.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #6
GladiatorOwner
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahobo View Post
A bigger consideration for me: free scheduled maintenance. BMW no longer allows it to be transferred; it's only available to the first owner of record.
Yes! A few more thousand off asking price to cover it.....
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Really? On a lease transfer? Didn't know that.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 09:18 PM   #8
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Are you sure. With a lease, BMW financial is the owner of record so perhaps it doesn't matter for leases.
Appreciate 0