BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

07-11-2016, 06:53 PM   #1
M3Dimi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 4.6L M3 6MT

Coilovers????

Ok so I'm looking into modding the suspension on my M and wanted to know what my options were I see that a lot of people have gone with eibach springs alone but I looked into that and someone wrote something that kind of scared me: to paraphrase they basically said that installing aftermarket springs on oem shocks alone is a bad idea because it's more likely to brake the shock that way due to shorter springs on longer shocks. Anyway I wanted to know if that true if any of you have had problems with running only springs on your M and also with only springs I saw that you can still use EDC so I wanted to know if I replace the full set up i.e. Getting the full coilovers of Eibach or let's say KW V1 would that not allow me to use my EDC? For anyone that has replaced the full thing how is the ride is it really hard because this is my DD and there is some semi f$@&%€ up roads that I drive on sometimes I try to avoid all that but sometimes it's impossible. So basically I want to know all the details before I decide what to do and opinions of its worth it just to lower the car a little bit I'm not really trying to get any more performance out of it yet I don't track the car so I'm not worried about that but at the same time I don't want to damage something just for several mm drop!

PS: I'm going to be getting wider wheels 255 19" 9.5" front and 295 19" 10.5 rear not sure what offsets yet I'm still looking into what will work but anyway I read that I can run that on stock suspension but I'm just going to make sure here if that's true so let me know guys I'm loving this forum it's been really helpful with answering my questions I'm glad I'm part of this community you guys are Awesome!

2008 E92 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0