BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-30-2016, 05:30 PM   #1
feeshta
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i 6MT, Alpine White

M3 Front control arm set for 1 or 3 series

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
For sale are a set of used TRW M3 front control arms for an E8X 1 Series or #9X 3 Series. These are the factory parts, but were sold with the BMW logos ground off under the TRW name. They were used on my 2012 135i for a little under 1 year and around 5,000 miles. I've decided to sell the car, and returned it to stock.

I would like to say that these were the single most impressive improvement to the performance of my 135i, as the added negative camber was apparently desperately needed to make the front end behave. They were easily the best 'bang for the buck" mod I did, and worth every penny IMHO. If you are going to make only one modification to improve handling, make it this one. (This coming from a guy who is currently also selling his Ohlins Coilovers, which I absolutely loved)

The parts are in perfect working order, and really show no signs of wear other than a tiny bit of rust on the top of the mounting studs where they are exposed. They never saw any road salt, as I spent this past winter in Georgia.

Local pickup is preferred, but I will ship anywhere in the world provided the buyer pays shipping and appropriate insurance. My apologies on any inconvenience that creates, but I've been burned in the past when an item "disappeared" after the delivery company got a signature confirmation. (Buyer claimed it was not his signature)

Pictures below. If anyone is wondering what the writing on them is, I used a sharpy to write the torque values onto them before installation, so I would not have to look it up with grimy hands.

Any and all questions are of course welcome.

Last edited by feeshta; 09-06-2016 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #2
feeshta
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i 6MT, Alpine White

Just FYI, these are sold pending receipt of payment. Will mark the ad as sold once payment is received.
Appreciate 0