BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

10-26-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
Yoitsdisguy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Looking to buy 2013 M3 need some help

Hey everyone been searching around on the forum for about a year finally posting woohoo (lots of useful info). I'm thinking about purchasing this M3 https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=152954998. Just wondering from everyone with experience if it seems like a good deal? I've test driven it and it's been well taken care of visually, however as this would be my first M I did notice during the test drive that the shifts were jerky at times when initially accelerating and coming to a stop. Is that normal? I know I've read others say similar things and that resetting the system so it adapts to their driving style helps or updating the software does too. My main concern is am I buying a car that will need major work? It does still have a little bit of the factory warranty left, however it is also not a certified pre-owned vehicle which still has me wondering if it's a good buy. All help is majorly appreciated.

Dan

Last edited by Yoitsdisguy; 10-26-2016 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 08:42 PM   #2
m3nyc
Rep
Drives: M3

It sounds fair given the frozen color but I would still try to bring them down a little. The DCT is a bit jerky so no need to worry that's normal. BMW warranty is great and since the car is still in warranty it can be extended if you are concerned. Overall it's a very reliable car so you probably won't need to.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 09:39 PM   #3
Yoitsdisguy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3nyc View Post
It sounds fair given the frozen color but I would still try to bring them down a little. The DCT is a bit jerky so no need to worry that's normal. BMW warranty is great and since the car is still in warranty it can be extended if you are concerned. Overall it's a very reliable car so you probably won't need to.
Thanks for the response. I have actually worked it down a little (agree with ya), but glad to hear that it's normal with the DCT. Do you speak from experience owning one?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 07:03 PM   #4
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Nice looking E92 - BMW Individual exterior and interior :thumbs:

Looks to have just about every package and option available too. And as others have said, the DCT can tend to jerk a bit. There's many software options available that will smooth that out, however.

Let us know if you pull the trigger.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 09:23 AM   #5
m3nyc
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoitsdisguy View Post
Thanks for the response. I have actually worked it down a little (agree with ya), but glad to hear that it's normal with the DCT. Do you speak from experience owning one?
Yes I leased a 2012 ZCP and returned after the lease was up. I've since regretted getting returning it and just picked up a slightly used 2013 this week. I own a lot of cars and the e9x M3 is one of my favorite. I had the M6 and M4 but was not a fan compared to this generation M3. With the exception of the V8 guzzling gas (small price to pay for the enjoyment) this is one of the best made BMWs of all time imo.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 09:01 AM   #6
Yoitsdisguy
United_States
Rep

Good to know m3nyc thanks. I will let you guys know if I pull the trigger on it!
Appreciate 0