BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-06-2016, 08:10 AM   #1
PhillyfaanM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Gray Metallic M3

What's my 135i Convertible worth?

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
So, I wanted to reach out to the forum with a question? I'm interested in potentially moving to a F8x series M3 sometime next year. In order for me to do this, I would have to say good bye to my 2011 135i convertible. I realize winter is a horrible time to trade a convertible and would probably hold onto it until spring. I'm the original owner and the car is currently away for winter on a trickle charger and as it sits is at 26,550 miles.

This car has been meticulously maintained and serviced at Thompson BMW where all of the performance work was completed. I recently had the car dynoed and it puts out (crank) 377 HP and 435 ft lb. tqe. Below is a list of the performance enhancements it currently wears.

Here's the question to the forum members, what should I expect to get at trade in for this car? What should I expect for a private sale?

Your input is appreciated!

Engine Performance upgrade- (All installed at Thompson BMW (Dinan Performance dealer)
Dinan Stage 3 upgrade
Dinan Intercooler
Dinan Oil-cooler
Wagner catted DP

Handling performance (also installed at Thompson)
ST Coil-over suspension
HRE ff15 Wheels
Michelin Pilot SS

Other (installed at Thompson BMW)
P3 ODBII vent gauge
BMW Performance mid-pipes
Currently running Berk Street race exhaust/Could swap back to stock BMW Sport exhaust

Audio enhancements -Would most likely swap back to stock speakers(Professionally installed at World Wide Stereo)
Speakers are Focal Integrated series
Replacement subs
Tweeters & mid?s
2 Focal digital amps

Attached Images

2018 Champaign Quartz F31 Sports Wagon | BMW 624 wheels | KW Street Coil Overs | DINAN Stage 1 v2.0 | Soul Performance Muffler delete
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 09:05 AM   #2
alexpapa
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 ILB

Is it manual or auto? I've found that auto's are pretty difficult to sell
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 11:49 AM   #3
PhillyfaanM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Sorry, should have inlcuded that in the original post. It's Manual!

2018 Champaign Quartz F31 Sports Wagon | BMW 624 wheels | KW Street Coil Overs | DINAN Stage 1 v2.0 | Soul Performance Muffler delete
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 12:03 PM   #4
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Well Frank, sorry to hear you'll be trading in your baby, but I'm sure you'll be happy with your new upgrade. Do you think you'll leave the M3 stock or will you mod it as tastefully as you did your 1er?
      12-06-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
PhillyfaanM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Well Frank, sorry to hear you'll be trading in your baby, but I'm sure you'll be happy with your new upgrade. Do you think you'll leave the M3 stock or will you mod it as tastefully as you did your 1er?
Hey Esteban I gotta say this has been a really hard decision and I literally go back and forth at least 100x a day (trade it...no, keep it). Everytime I get in the car and drive it, I think to myself...yes this car is awesome and I always find myself looking back at it when It's parked.

I think I honestly would mod it, but very similarly
HRE or BBS wheels
Coil overs
Dinan tune
Exhaust
Audio
etc.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #6
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank 135i Vert View Post
Hey Esteban I gotta say this has been a really hard decision and I literally go back and forth at least 100x a day (trade it...no, keep it). Everytime I get in the car and drive it, I think to myself...yes this car is awesome and I always find myself looking back at it when It's parked.

I think I honestly would mod it, but very similarly
HRE or BBS wheels
Coil overs
Dinan tune
Exhaust
Audio
etc.
Well, if you do decide to trade it, someone will be the lucky owner of a very nice car. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.