European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-24-2017, 08:59 AM   #1
Volfan615
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

iDrive 5.0 Bluetooth Audio

Just picked up my new 17 M3 a couple of days ago and just tried this morning to play stored music from my iPhone. With my 2015 535 this was very easy. With my M3 when I select iPhone from Media it defaults to playing Pandora. How do I switch from Pandora? My work around for now was to remove Pandoa from the phone.
      03-24-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Update Pandora app at your iPhone... I used to have that bug showing up recently and it went away after Pandora updated its iPhone app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfan615 View Post
Just picked up my new 17 M3 a couple of days ago and just tried this morning to play stored music from my iPhone. With my 2015 535 this was very easy. With my M3 when I select iPhone from Media it defaults to playing Pandora. How do I switch from Pandora? My work around for now was to remove Pandoa from the phone.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 05:03 PM   #3
Volfan615
Private First Class
Rep

I noticed today that it's not limited to Pandora. If you choose to connect your supported apps from your phone they will all appear under the media menu. Along with FM, AM, Satellite, iPhone, etc, you will see Pandora, Stitcher, Spotify, etc. The problem is that you can't go back and forth between the apps or to the music library on your phone without changing manually from the phone itself. Seems like that defeats the purpose.

I'm using an iPhone 7 with the most current OS.
      03-27-2017, 07:14 PM   #4
hafacar
Rep
Drives: 2008 328XI Sparkling Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfan615 View Post
I noticed today that it's not limited to Pandora. If you choose to connect your supported apps from your phone they will all appear under the media menu. Along with FM, AM, Satellite, iPhone, etc, you will see Pandora, Stitcher, Spotify, etc. The problem is that you can't go back and forth between the apps or to the music library on your phone without changing manually from the phone itself. Seems like that defeats the purpose.

I'm using an iPhone 7 with the most current OS.

Was hoping I wasn't the only one experiencing this issue! I'm seeing the same with my iPhone 7+ and the Pandora app that lives on my phone and in the linked Connected Drive app in iDrive. I do listen to the music on my phone quite often but for some reason as soon as the Bluetooth link gets established, the connection wants to play Pandora on the phone - not even the iDrive media app. To get the connection to play stored music again, I have to physically start a song in my music library. I've turned off the "Use Cellular Data" option in the Pandora app. Don't use Pandora on phone much so I might just delete it as well but that seems to defeat the purpose of having the dedicated app too right?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
Volfan615
Private First Class
Rep

I've just unchecked the apps option in the manage mobile device settings for now. I would be nice if this worked as I'm sure they intended but having to pick up the phone every time does defeat the purpose. It's hard to believe these things are actually tested.