BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5M (F85) and X6M (F86) Forum

07-29-2017, 04:52 PM   #1
VGM6
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M & E63 M6

Anyone in Toronto with downpipes or experience with both catless and race cats?

Hey guys wondering if anyone in Toronto or near the area has downpipes done on their car.

Im looking to purchase a set but I'm on not sure if I should go the route of catless or race cats. I currently have Akrapovic installed but I'm looking to get some more sound out of my exhaust and I know the next step would be downpipes. I went catless with my E63 M6 but want to go the same route or at least with race cats. I just don't want to have to deal with the horrid smell for a daily but would love to see (smell) it in person to see how bad it actually is with the twin turbo motors. Also wondering if the sound level would be the same or how much quieter the race cats will be. My gut tells me to just go with race cats but I wanted to get everyones opinion on the topic.

Thanks in advance,

V