European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

08-18-2017, 04:01 PM   #1
HuskyBMW
Dr. Feelgood
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

TC Kline coilovers

Anyone have experience running these at the track? Looking for coilover system that won't break the bank, improve track handling, and still be usable as daily driver. I like that the TCK come with camber plates. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 04:09 PM   #2
Caliboy951
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

I just put a set on plus the Dinan sway bar kit and as soon as my seats come in i'll be heading back to the track. I can tell you that the TC Kline's feel very good but add the sway bars and it feels great. I did some very aggressive mountain runs and that combo completely changed how that car handled.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 04:41 PM   #3
HuskyBMW
Dr. Feelgood
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboy951 View Post
I just put a set on plus the Dinan sway bar kit and as soon as my seats come in i'll be heading back to the track. I can tell you that the TC Kline's feel very good but add the sway bars and it feels great. I did some very aggressive mountain runs and that combo completely changed how that car handled.
Thanks for the input. There have been some reports of the TCK's being loud when driving under 30mph. Anything like that happening?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 04:59 PM   #4
Caliboy951
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Keep in mind they are a gas charged system so you will hear the hissing noise or slight clunk on some bigger bumps (but not all the time) but that's if the windows are down and radio is off. Also keep in mind the tire wear due to negative camber if you go with any aftermarket system.

I was going with JRZ until I did my homework and I'm very pleased so far and would suggest them to anyone.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 11:42 AM   #5
HuskyBMW
Dr. Feelgood
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Keep in mind they are a gas charged system so you will hear the hissing noise or slight clunk on some bigger bumps (but not all the time) but that's if the windows are down and radio is off. Also keep in mind the tire wear due to negative camber if you go with any aftermarket system.

I was going with JRZ until I did my homework and I'm very pleased so far and would suggest them to anyone.
Have you had a chance to track them yet? Any thoughts after having them on for a period of time?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 01:39 PM   #6
Caliboy951
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyBMW View Post
Have you had a chance to track them yet? Any thoughts after having them on for a period of time?
I'm most likely doing AutoClub on the 8th and daily driving is much smoother.
I just went to Vegas and back and the ride was nicer than stock. The best way to explain is that it's very civilized around town but when you get on it in the corners it comes to life and really feels much more planted and stable.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #7
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, what made you decide against JRZ? Also did you consider MCS?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #8
Speed District
Premier Host for Track Events
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyBMW View Post
I have TCK Double adjustable and I track them often. They are seriously amazing. On the street they are a little loud but they are comfortable. I highly recommend them

Friday, September 15th: Buttonwillow Raceway
Saturday/Sunday - October 14/15 - Autoclub Speedway
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 03:56 PM   #9
Speed District
Premier Host for Track Events
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
I'm most likely doing AutoClub on the 8th and daily driving is much smoother.
I just went to Vegas and back and the ride was nicer than stock. The best way to explain is that it's very civilized around town but when you get on it in the corners it comes to life and really feels much more planted and stable.
Come to Autoclub on the 14th and 15th with us instead

https://speeddistrict.com/events/spe...er-14-15-2017/

Friday, September 15th: Buttonwillow Raceway
Saturday/Sunday - October 14/15 - Autoclub Speedway
Appreciate 2
w00tw00t408.00
      09-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #10
Caliboy951
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
Just out of curiosity, what made you decide against JRZ? Also did you consider MCS?
The deciding factor in my case was the videos of the TC Kline actually driving what he sells:
My shop (Autohaus) knew I was about to pull the trigger on JRZ's and sent me a bunch of info on TC and after doing my homework that's what I went with.

As a guy that trains Jiu Jitsu rule #1 is never train at a place where the professor doesn't compete and that translates to never buy a suspension that you can't call "the guy" and get all the help you need.

I hope that makes sense.
Appreciate 1
w00tw00t408.00
      09-19-2017, 10:35 PM   #11
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboy951
Quote:
The deciding factor in my case was the videos of the TC Kline actually driving what he sells:
My shop (Autohaus) knew I was about to pull the trigger on JRZ's and sent me a bunch of info on TC and after doing my homework that's what I went with.

As a guy that trains Jiu Jitsu rule #1 is never train at a place where the professor doesn't compete and that translates to never buy a suspension that you can't call "the guy" and get all the help you need.

I hope that makes sense.
Jiujitsu? Oss! brother ! I train under Caio Terra in San Jose... Where do you train at?
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2017, 11:58 PM   #12
Caliboy951
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Jiujitsu? Oss! brother ! I train under Caio Terra in San Jose... Where do you train at?
Thanks, I train at Gracia Humaita in Temecula (4.5 years) under Professor Ricardo Guimaraes.

Funny thing is the more I learn the less I think I know....
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2017, 12:12 AM   #13
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I train at Gracia Humaita in Temecula (4.5 years) under Professor Ricardo Guimaraes.

Funny thing is the more I learn the less I think I know....
nice! i feel the same way.. I've been training about 3.5 years though right now I'm on a 6 month break due to a major tear / repair / knee surgery for my meniscus.. tore it while rolling.. it completely sucks to not train but I dont want to risk re-tearing my meniscus..

back on topic...

I did a ton of research too and decided to splurge a bit and get MCS 2 Way Remote .. they've been ordered.. should be on the car in about 4 weeks.
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2017, 05:10 AM   #14
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
I did a ton of research too and decided to splurge a bit and get MCS 2 Way Remote .. they've been ordered.. should be on the car in about 4 weeks.
Excellent choice I just finished upgrading from MCS 2WNR dampers to their 2WR dampers.
Appreciate 1
w00tw00t408.00
      09-20-2017, 06:03 AM   #15
OhioRiderAaron
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
The deciding factor in my case was the videos of the TC Kline actually driving what he sells. My shop (Autohaus) knew I was about to pull the trigger on JRZ's and sent me a bunch of info on TC and after doing my homework that's what I went with.

I hope that makes sense.
TC Kline is 100% a believer in his own product, and I think it's for good reason..they just work. I've driven (3) of his cars (1M, F80 M3, M2) with his own suspension and they really do work well from a performance and comfort standpoint. I'm sure MCS, KW, JRZ make great suspensions as well, but I can only speak of those I've driven.

ZCP - Daily Driven Trackster ~ Gone but not Forgotten
1LE - Track Rubber & Garage Dust Collector
Appreciate 1