BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

02-19-2018, 03:56 PM   #1
Ajc1100
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

FI Valvetronic Exhaust Install help

UPDATE: After some researching, I went ahead and used that vacuum line to run the exhaust. Everything is working now, and I couldn't be happier about how it turned out! If anyone else with this system or a similar exhaust needs help, let me know and I can go snap a few pictures or describe what I did.

Hello all, my new FI exhaust just came in the mail, and i'll be getting it installed tomorrow. The shop has done valvetronic before, just not on an M3. First off, can anyone confirm if this is a good vacuum line to tap into? It's the line beside the brake fluid reservoir.

Also, the control unit needs to be plugged into OBDII which is easy enough, but It also needs power and a ground location. The guide included with the exhaust is literally just a wiring diagram lol. Please if anyone has installed one of these or anything similar, I could use some help getting clear instructions and advice for the shop. Thank you!

Photo of diagram included:
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Ajc1100; 02-23-2018 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: Problem resolved
Appreciate 1