Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

07-25-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
jrnring
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 GTS

Post Any one with a GTS in the Austin San Antonio Area?

Good day guys, I was wondering if there are any GTS owners in the Austin, San Antonio Corridor area.
My GTS is in Austin at the moment after a fun 4 months of track events at COTA. How ever I have noticed my water injection system is definitely not consuming any real amount of distilled water... even more so... I just did a Track day last weekend at 104 degree temp and the car did not consume anything at all.
I can hear the pumps working after driving the car, but I would have imagined more water consumption and it has not been the case ever since I bought the car.

So my question is... I know for a fact that Dallas has some awesome techs at one of their Dealerships with experience servicing GTS's. But I'm curious if any one here has any feedback on the dealers located in the Austin/San Antonio area so I can arrange to send my car there before I have it shipped back home to El Paso Tx.

Thanks in advanced for the feedback.

PS...
El Paso has a BMW dealer... in fact they sold only two GTS... both I bought from them... (yup I'm the crazy guy that owned at one time two identical GTS's) they have only been there for the brake inn service. I really would prefer for a tech that is more familiar with the GTS look at this.
VW sportwagen/Land Cruiser VXR B4/Land Cruiser VXR B4/E30325i

Last edited by jrnring; 07-25-2018 at 10:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2018, 11:01 PM   #2
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
I had my water injection pump replaced after bringing it in twice.
The first time was an easy stone filter replacement once they discovered the error codes and tested the water pressure test.

Replacing the pump looks pretty straight forward; only needing to disconnect a few lines in the trunk, the whole thing comes out.

As long as you have their "Master Technician" work on it, they should follow the Technical Service Bulletin, which shows step by step instructions on how to replace it.

The long wait would be for the parts to arrive from Germany
      07-26-2018, 02:19 PM   #3
jrnring
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
I had my water injection pump replaced after bringing it in twice.
The first time was an easy stone filter replacement once they discovered the error codes and tested the water pressure test.

Replacing the pump looks pretty straight forward; only needing to disconnect a few lines in the trunk, the whole thing comes out.

As long as you have their "Master Technician" work on it, they should follow the Technical Service Bulletin, which shows step by step instructions on how to replace it.

The long wait would be for the parts to arrive from Germany
Thanks for the feedback man.
Hopefully is just the filter.
VW sportwagen/Land Cruiser VXR B4/Land Cruiser VXR B4/E30325i
Appreciate 0