R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-10-2018, 12:11 AM   #1
Ilikemike
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92: F82: M2C: M2 CS (Now)

Dinan Forward thrust arm bearing noise

A few months after having the Dinan thrust arm bearings installed, I began Hearing (the previously complained about) 'clicks' from the front end when reversing and turning the wheel and occasionally when braking. The car feels very solid and had it checked for 'play or any looseness' in the suspension, everything is tight but nobody can tell me what is causing the clicking sound.... Had the MP HAS installed recently and the clicking got a little worse, but again car feels solid. Any ideas or insights? As an aside , I Contacted Dinan a few months ago but 'crickets' from them.....
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 11:54 PM   #2
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
I would check the tie rods for wear/damage. I have the Dinan Mono Ball Kit and no issues.

/// M3
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #3
Ilikemike
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
I would check the tie rods for wear/damage. I have the Dinan Mono Ball Kit and no issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
Thanks for the reply, just wonder why you think tie rods?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
MSY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

I would double check the torque value on the bolt and ensure proper spacers were used on each side of the bushing on both left as nd right arms as well. I ditched tinan and went with turner years ago due to noise from dinan and on mine it was one of the spacers didnt fit flush.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #5
Ilikemike
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSY View Post
I would double check the torque value on the bolt and ensure proper spacers were used on each side of the bushing on both left as nd right arms as well. I ditched tinan and went with turner years ago due to noise from dinan and on mine it was one of the spacers didnt fit flush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSY View Post
Thanks, I suspect the 'dealer installation' was improper and I hear these complaints from time to time but I'm mostly concerned about catastrophic failure at speed. The m4 is going in for this problem in September and those I've spoken to don't seem concerned. Thx for the heads up on Turner, the turner parts, especially the pre-fit ball joint and arm, are definitely the next purchase!
Appreciate 0