R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

06-27-2018, 07:36 PM   #1
mtbkr31
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Got a GTR

I almost pulled the trigger on a white M4 GTS back in February, but this showed up in the for sale ads...2016 Nismo GTR. Guess what I bought lol. I always wondered how different the driving experience would of been in the GTS. Congrats on everyone picking up a GTS at these prices.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 07:03 PM   #2
nicksm3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkr31 View Post
I almost pulled the trigger on a white one back in February, but this showed up in the for sale ads...2016 Nismo GTR. Guess what I bought lol. I always wondered how different the driving experience would of been in the GTS. Congrats on everyone picking up a GTS at these prices.
Amazing ! How are you liking the NISMO?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
mtbkr31
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkr31 View Post
I almost pulled the trigger on a white one back in February, but this showed up in the for sale ads...2016 Nismo GTR. Guess what I bought lol. I always wondered how different the driving experience would of been in the GTS. Congrats on everyone picking up a GTS at these prices.
Amazing ! How are you liking the NISMO?
Thanks Nick. The Nismo is a blast to drive. I had a 2008 M3 manual that had Active's supercharger. It was putting around 600 WHP on their Mustang dyno. Loved the car, but with all the mods it was becoming less and less of a daily and I hated the fact that I smelled like exhaust after driving it. So I sold it and it went to good home and picked up a 2014 Track Edition GTR. Just wasn't interested with what M was putting out. Needless to say it was a blast driving. Not as fast as my M3, however out of a dig the GTR would destroy it but would get reeled in. Kept the GTR stock for the most part other than exhaust and mid pipe. After a year and a half of owning the GTR I knew I wanted a Nismo so I started looking. They are hard to come by for a reasonable price hence I started looking at other cars. That's when I noticed that the GTS was dropping in price and stoked my interest UNTIL my current ride popped up for sale. So I jumped on it and sealed the deal. Funny thing is that I only "lost" $4500 on the trade in after owning the 2014 GTR for a year and a half. The Nismo I picked up had less than 6000 miles and I couldn't be happier. I already put 4000 miles after 4 months of ownership; would put more but I travel for work. And yes the Nismo drives way different than a regular GTR and even the Track Edition GTR. The turn in is immediate and the rigidity can be felt during "spirited" cornering. I believe the Nismo will go up in price like the Supra once the R36 comes out whenever that is plus they only make 50 or so for the US market per year. So I enjoy the exclusivity plus the titanium exhaust on it is a work of art.
If it weren't for the Nismo I'd probably be driving a GTS or maybe a GT3 LOL.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BMW953.00