BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

11-01-2018, 07:57 PM   #1
jdjordan9
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Unhappy x5 F15 wacky lights/computer/trunk issue-HELP PLEASE

I have a BMW 2015 x5 35i. We have 3 current issues and any help would be appreciated.
1-The interior dome lights will not come on. The ones in the floor will, however the reading lights in the front, and the two lights in back over door and in trunk will not turn on no matter what we do, the floor ones work fine. Any ideas?

2-The trunk will not fully open with any of the buttons, and will not close at all with the buttons. The ones on the fob, the side of the door, or the trunk itself do not work. They will pop the trunk open, but it does not open fully or close at all. Any ideas?

3-The computer will not save any settings from time and date, to eco settings, etc. When we scroll to them and click them, nothing is happening. Also the passenger restraint light JUST came on.

Anyone have ANY ideas on what to do? It is out of warranty. We have updated software, but unsure where to go from here. Also checked fuses and none have the appearance of being blown.

Sorry if these are already posted, I couldn't find answers.

THANK YOU BIMMER FRIENDS =)
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 08:14 PM   #2
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
For your trunk, did you check the settings in the idrive menu to open it as high as you want ?

I would consider running a diagnostic. Either with some obd2 or at dealership.

If you are in-greater NYC area happy to help you !
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 08:52 PM   #3
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Start with going to autozone and checking a battery. A low voltage battery (not necessarily dead) can give similar symptoms - just because there are LOTS of electronics in x5 unlike other cars.
If battery will be top notch - then you need to pull codes from car. And easiest way to do it is to have either Carly or Bimmercode - OBD2 port diagnostic and coding dongles. They come with their app for iOS/Android. I would get them just because you can check and diagnose your BMW for free instead of going to a dealership everytime some little glitch comes up - and glitches will come up guaranteed - BMW has more electronics in 1 driver seat than a full 5 Toyotas combined.
When you'll read codes - you'll have better idea what the issue is. Without it - it's like a guessing on a magic ball over internet.
Appreciate 0