BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #1
msmching
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini White Driving Machine

Macht Schnell Comp Springs installed

It was my first set of springs on this car and it took me quite a while to finally decide what I wanted.

It is on a 2018 M4 with competition package/wheels.

Have actually asked and looked around for pictures because I have a lip and wanted to know the clearance and such. Not much, I'll say.
Many went for other springs, or coil overs. Or most of the cars that have the Macht are M3's. Even if it's M4, it's not the same wheel as I have and such.

Hopefully my post will be able to give another example for people deciding!

Looked for months on Instagram and Have asked for help and was deciding between the two reputable shops. European Auto Source and Auto Talent. But when it come down to pricing, I think EAS's price is unbeatable at $495!
Wait time was about 2.5 hours, may seem long but they have movies and top gears to watch. They test drove it after installation, so it makes me feel more comfortable as well. I actually wanted to go check out their work place at the back but didn't want them to feel like I am pushing them to go faster.

I am not a good reviewer on products, that I can say for sure lol. But I drove 30 miles to EAS with comfort mode, and after installation, comfort mode back. Honestly, I don't think I felt a difference in comfort'ness. Got back to local and set it to Sports mode, and didn't feel that difference as well. (Maybe I just ain't a feeler, lol)
After a day, I actually didn't scrape anything yet.
I angled even more going down driveways. From the corner of my front bumper, I measured out a 4.5" clearance from ground. The drop is perfect for me, getting rid of that front gap while not too much at the back.

Thanks Kevin @ EAS for the answers and set up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      11-06-2018, 10:36 PM   #2
dustinrb1985
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 alpine white

Looks great!! I've been going back and forth on springs. Eibach, swift, Ms. My car is a 15 with 30k so I'd hope my stock dampers dont take a dump
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #3
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Looks fantastic, appreciate your business.

Enjoy!

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0