GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

07-08-2019, 08:44 PM   #1
Vehicle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW m3

I recently had swift spec-r springs installed on my F80, and am finding that the rear sits just a bit high for my personal preference. The front is perfect in regards to ride-height, but I wish the rear was just 1/2" lower. I'm well aware of what the drop claims are for swift, but I feel like the front lowering is more than claimed, while the rear is spot on (1" front claimed, and 0.4" rear claimed). I didn't take any measurements but with the gigantic gap in front, I feel like it's closer to 1.2".

*edit: this is a standard suspension non-edc car

Anyhow, can anyone suggest a setup which will give me the same or more front end lowering, but also more rear end lowering? Both the h&r sport and supersport look higher in the front than my swifts, so I don't think I want to try the h&r springs. Is there a has kit that drops lower than 1" all around?

if the only way to get a tad bit lower is to go with kw coilovers, I'm open to it, but I'm just looking for something a bit more budget friendly for the short term.

Much appreciated for the replies!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 12:08 AM   #2
1hotrod
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 f80

KW HAS or M Performance version, will give you the adjustability without having to buy a full coilover set. But like a lot of people say, your stock shocks won’t last long because it was not designed to be lowered.

I am running the KW HAS, and I am very happy. A little slight bounce when I dive into turns. But like any mod, I am looking for something a little smoother.
Appreciate 0