BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-30-2008, 05:47 AM   #1
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Jerez/Fox Red E92 M3

BMW Military Sales Prices???!!!!!!

I am ordering through First Choice Military Sales and my SA says that Bmw hasn't realeased the full options pricing list yet. I see a lot of people in the threads talking about having their orders in at their dealership. Aren't the first batch of 09MY starting production beginning of sept?WTF?? Anyone else ordering through Military sales still waiting on pricing?? I am trying to make sure my m3 is waiting for me when I get back to the U S and A and the uncertainty is driving me!!!
Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 07:22 AM   #2
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

I'm a military sales customer and have been waiting until today to find out pricing. I was just told 52,150 for base price literally 15 mins ago. Hope that helps...my car is being built next week.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 07:37 AM   #3
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
I'm a military sales customer and have been waiting until today to find out pricing. I was just told 52,150 for base price literally 15 mins ago. Hope that helps...my car is being built next week.

Yeah my SA told me that the base would be 52,150 about a week ago but said I couldn't put my order in because the options pricing hasn't come out. So you already completed your purchase order and got a VIN?
Eisenmann Race Performance/VRS front lip 1x1/VRS type II diffuser 1x1/VRS single side trunk with Fade/19" HRE C90's/RE SSK/H&R Sport springs /35% tint/Painted reflectors/Painted side markers with dark tint LED's/Tinted tail lights/Front grilles/Hardwire V1
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep

yes, i already have a VIN and a production number. I have had the production number for about a week, and the VIN for about 4 days. I could check exactly if you needed to know that info precisely.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 08:32 AM   #5
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep

nah, I don't need the precise info but thanks! You are getting a US spec, right? Who are you purchasing through? I just want to make sure I got all my info and facts straight before I ask my SA WTF is going on.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 08:47 AM   #6
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep

us spec, yes. purchasing through germany military sales, not pentagon.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #7
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep

Thanks for all the info bro!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #8
pilot_bro2003
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e xDrive iPerformance

Quote:
yes, i already have a VIN and a production number. I have had the production number for about a week, and the VIN for about 4 days. I could check exactly if you needed to know that info precisely.

I was quoted 59,850 for the vert, but was told no VIN yet. As of late last week I was told to expect it in a few days. I'm ordering through Superior Military Sales. Maybe they're just a little slow. I've been waiting forever to get my car!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 04:53 PM   #9
Gadgetman
Captain Darren
United_States
Rep
Drives: Canadian Regional Jet 900

What is your SA name on First Choice? If it's Lisa, tell her that Darren says hi.
2005 BMW E46 M3 TiAg (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2008, 06:22 PM   #10
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 coupe

I am in the process of buying thu military Sales and I have requested for a delivery date of Jan 09. My question to you guys with military purchased cars is how long was it from the date you placed your order to the date you recieved your VIN#.

Thanks
Luie
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 12:14 AM   #11
jamesisel
Major
United_States
Rep

Gadgwt man I'll tell her you said Hi.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 12:39 AM   #12
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagletangogreen View Post
I am in the process of buying thu military Sales and I have requested for a delivery date of Jan 09. My question to you guys with military purchased cars is how long was it from the date you placed your order to the date you recieved your VIN#.

Thanks
Luie
i ordered the car back in june...i have been waiting a little bit. but because i wanted an 09 from the get go, i knew that i would be waiting awhile to get my production number, allocation, and all that other stuff (because BMW is never on the ball as they roll over into the next production year). I was able to reserve Week 36 production about two weeks ago, and got my VIN a week after that. From my understanding, a VIN will not be assigned until your specification is locked to your production number. So, if you are requesting Jan 09 build, you won't be getting your VIN until around the end of december at the earliest.

OT for a second (but VIN related)...my USAA insurance quote went up 85 dollars when I actually gave them the VIN, so be wary if you call them for an initial quote and it sounds low, because it is going to hike up when you actually give them the VIN number (i have no outstanding violations, accidents, etc on my record).
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 07:58 AM   #13
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i ordered the car back in june...i have been waiting a little bit. but because i wanted an 09 from the get go, i knew that i would be waiting awhile to get my production number, allocation, and all that other stuff (because BMW is never on the ball as they roll over into the next production year). I was able to reserve Week 36 production about two weeks ago, and got my VIN a week after that. From my understanding, a VIN will not be assigned until your specification is locked to your production number. So, if you are requesting Jan 09 build, you won't be getting your VIN until around the end of december at the earliest.

OT for a second (but VIN related)...my USAA insurance quote went up 85 dollars when I actually gave them the VIN, so be wary if you call them for an initial quote and it sounds low, because it is going to hike up when you actually give them the VIN number (i have no outstanding violations, accidents, etc on my record).
Thanks so much for the info, and looking forward to getting this car, my time with my 350z was fun but I am tierd of spending 2 or 3K on maintenance every other month. 700hp twin turbos Z's are not cheap to maintain.

One other question I have did you guys pay in full for your cars before you guys came back from deployment or during??
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 09:15 AM   #14
Gadgetman
Captain Darren
United_States
Rep
Drives: Canadian Regional Jet 900

Quote:

Thanks
Luie
Luie,

It depends on your production date. Get clarification from your SA.

Darren
2005 BMW E46 M3 TiAg (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 11:21 AM   #15
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

If you have the base price thru mil sales then that is all you need. Options are not discounted and are the same for everyone. Not sure if FY09 option prices are out or not.

The delivery date they give is only an estimate. Mine was about 3-4 weeks late based on the estimated delivery. The hold up really happens for cars imported to the US that wait for a long time at the port.

Jason
      08-31-2008, 12:49 PM   #16
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
If you have the base price thru mil sales then that is all you need. Options are not discounted and are the same for everyone. Not sure if FY09 option prices are out or not.

The delivery date they give is only an estimate. Mine was about 3-4 weeks late based on the estimated delivery. The hold up really happens for cars imported to the US that wait for a long time at the port.

Jason
Thanks for the info guys. I've contacted Pentagon Car Sales, and they've given me a great price. I haven't dropped my down payment yet, as I'm still contempleting waiting for an OCT build date, so I can get the Smartphone option. If I wait for an OCT build, at what time would you estimate arrival at PDC?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 01:12 PM   #17
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Jason
Jason thanks for your input. I was wondering if any of the options would be discounted and by the purschase order form I recieved, some if not most of the prices are anywhere from $50 to 200 off the Mrps prices for the options. However I am still waitting for the final prices for the 09, so that may change the final option prices.

Luie
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 03:14 PM   #18
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Jason thanks for your input. I was wondering if any of the options would be discounted and by the purschase order form I recieved, some if not most of the prices are anywhere from $50 to 200 off the Mrps prices for the options. However I am still waitting for the final prices for the 09, so that may change the final option prices.

Luie
As far as I know Mil Sales cannot discount the options but maybe things have changed in the last few months with slow car sales....

Jason
      08-31-2008, 04:02 PM   #19
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As far as I know Mil Sales cannot discount the options but maybe things have changed in the last few months with slow car sales....

Jason
After I was quoted a significant discount off of base MSRP, the options were quoted with no discount. They were the same as the 08 prices on the BMW website, but I did get a quote of $3900 for DCT, which I hope was a typo. I'll let you guys know what their reply is when I get it.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #20
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Is the Gas Guzzler Tax included in the price quote?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 09:17 PM   #21
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
Is the Gas Guzzler Tax included in the price quote?
My qoute had shipping and the gas Guzzler tax in it.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2008, 10:47 PM   #22
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My qoute had shipping and the gas Guzzler tax in it.
Thanks for the info. My quote separated the shipping cost from the base price, but the base price was a bit lower than what I've seen posted in this thread. It didn't mention GGT though, so I'm still waiting on an answer about that.
Appreciate 0