BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-31-2019, 07:33 PM   #1
Derekz4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i. BMW Z4,01 Bullitt

How is your Service Adviser?

Let’s discuss something a little different.
How is your dealers service adviser?

I had one at Crevier BMW that was really good but he is no longer there. He would talk openly about issues on my Z4 that others would run away as fast as they can. When I mentioned sticky steering, he knew what the hell I was taking about.

Sometimes I felt that they were not able to openly talk about “known” problems with a client.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Derekz4; 12-31-2019 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 09:35 PM   #2
NorthCountryGuy
The Quiet One
Rep
Drives: M6, E70, E71

Garage List
2013 X6 M  [0.00]
2013 M6  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i Spo ...  [0.00]
2013 X5 LCI 35i  [0.00]
My son recently got stuck on a trip to Maine. Multiple unrelated sensor warnings, and a no start situation. Got vehicle in on the quick to BMW Westbrook in Portland area. SA named Adam did well there. Oversaw the diagnosis of the draw down by the Comfort Access system killing the battery, and addressed a soft coolant leak in the auxiliary system that I asked him to in a timely fashion so my kid could make it back to class. Always straightforward and helpful on the phone from afar. This is unlike the persons covering BMW service where we live in upstate NY.
2013 X6 M Sapphire Black Metallic / Black Merino \ Carbon Fiber - Son’s
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 09:21 AM   #3
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

In a word, dumb. I view service advisers as the person I handed the keys to and who said "I'll call you when it's done." And he could barely accomplish that. I use past tense because now that my warranty has expired it is unlikely I will ever see him again.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 03:34 PM   #4
deadspoogi
Private
Rep
Drives: is250 lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekz4 View Post
Let's discuss something a little different.

I had one at Crevier BMW that was really good but he is no longer there. He would talk openly about issues on my Z4 that others would run away as fast as they can. When I mentioned sticky steering, he knew what the hell I was taking about.

Sometimes I felt that they were not able to openly talk about "known" problems with a client.

Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekz4 View Post
Let's discuss something a little different.

Sometimes I felt that they were not able to openly talk about "known" problems with a client.

Thoughts?
They have a living to make . I'm almost sure they get a percentage of shit they sell to you hence they Aren't your friends ( most of the time) . All of my service advisors in the East nyc area have been disgusting . I had that noisy seat problem in my 640 and she had it patched up and then it came back after my warranty expired . Little do I know they should have replaced the whole fucking seat assembly but I'm sure the bitch knew it . The whole thing is a business so I expect nothing less.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2020, 03:50 PM   #5
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

My service advisor has been good over the years. He's attentive, gets the details, and communicative. That's really what I'd expect from someone in this position. If there's something more complex to discuss, the service manager (also very good) will get involved in the discussion.

It's important that your expectations are reasonable, as well. These guys aren't master mechanics or anything of the sort - they're relationship managers, for the most part. I think of them much the way I would a corporate sales or account executive in my professional life. They help make the service process as seamless as possible - explain a diagnosis, help explain options, advise on services that should be considered (e.g. some element of sales), etc... but if you want to talk to the guy who's actually DOING the work and can get in the weeds on it, that's not the service advisor.
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2020, 04:17 PM   #6
Giggs11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 13' f13 650i xdrive,M package

My sucks so badly no knowledge of cars hate his job after doesn't fallow up with customers simply doesn't care on 3 occasions they damaged my car etc etc ..... truly hate that place whole dealership sucks bad- BMW FIELDS OF DAYTONA
Appreciate 0