EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

05-05-2020, 05:56 PM   #1
Msm1984
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M4

M4 2017 ZCP Pulls to the Right

Hello,

I recently lowered my 17 M4 zcp on EMD springs. Car looks great and I got an alignment about 2 weeks after dropping it. I noticed before the alignment that the car would drift to the right and to make the car drive straight I needed to almost have the wheel off center to the left about 3-5 degrees.

This could have easily been an issue before putting the EMD springs in and I just didn't notice.

2 alignments later and the car still pulls.l also tried swapping front tires and if anything it is worse now. I'll post below photos of alignment results. Also, I looked up the SIB 32 01 17 issue which only seems to effect earlier models and not a 2017 car ( even though my production was 7/16 )

Any advice would be much appreciated
Attached Images

17 M4 ZCP
18 M4 ZCP ( Current )
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 09:44 PM   #2
Ejones4541
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

I had the same problems and it was a bad wheel bearing.
Appreciate 1
Msm1984134.00
      05-06-2020, 11:45 AM   #3
Msm1984
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Third alignment done. Still pulling to the right
Attached Images

17 M4 ZCP
18 M4 ZCP ( Current )
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 01:11 PM   #4
henrylee
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 6MT

that third alignment looks good. Must be something else.
      05-06-2020, 01:14 PM   #5
Msm1984
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylee View Post
Quote:

I spoke to a couple more alignment shops and they said based off what the printouts said there is nothing they can do. The fact that everything i've done has not even made a 1% difference suggests it us software related.
17 M4 ZCP
18 M4 ZCP ( Current )
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 10:40 PM   #6
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msm1984 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I spoke to a couple more alignment shops and they said based off what the printouts said there is nothing they can do. The fact that everything i've done has not even made a 1% difference suggests it us software related.
My dad's M4 has this issue as well. It's had three alignments, a diff replaced. They even flashed the software and said the car is up to date on everything. Knowing my BMW dealer, they don't do jack s**t but appearently they said they'd contact BMW NA.
previous
'08 E90 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 10:42 PM   #7
Msm1984
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBobby Jr View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My dad's M4 has this issue as well. It's had three alignments, a diff replaced. They even flashed the software and said the car is up to date on everything. Knowing my BMW dealer, they don't do jack s**t but appearently they said they'd contact BMW NA.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What tear was his
17 M4 ZCP
18 M4 ZCP ( Current )
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 10:44 PM   #8
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What tear was his
2016 ZCP. I'm pretty sure all years are effected just so you know. Your car could be a 2017 but that doesn't mean the SIB 32 01 17 is installed.
previous
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 10:45 PM   #9
Msm1984
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What tear was his
2016 ZCP. I'm pretty sure all years are effected just so you know. Your car could be a 2017 but that doesn't mean the SIB 32 01 17 is installed.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What tear was his
Exactly I'm bringing it in tmrw to get it updated trying todrain all my e85 now and flash back to stock
17 M4 ZCP
18 M4 ZCP ( Current )
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 10:47 PM   #10
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep

The only reason I haven't gone E85 or Stage 2 is because of the pull. Would want 550-600whp with this thing pulling at 150mph+
previous
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 10:50 PM   #11
Msm1984
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The only reason I haven't gone E85 or Stage 2 is because of the pull. Would want 550-600whp with this thing pulling at 150mph+
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What tear was his
Quote:

Id still do it if that's the only reason unless the car pulls really hard. Mine only does if i have no hands kn the wheel
17 M4 ZCP
18 M4 ZCP ( Current )
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 01:35 AM   #12
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What tear was his
Quote:

Id still do it if that's the only reason unless the car pulls really hard. Mine only does if i have no hands kn the wheel
https://testing-public.carmd.com/Tsb...0B32%2001%2017

This a BMW document that states the Service Bulletin and what it's about, etc.
previous
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 12:03 PM   #13
Msm1984
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

FIXED!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What tear was his
Quote:

Problem has been solved. Software was updated at BMW. Car drives straight as an arrow
17 M4 ZCP
18 M4 ZCP ( Current )
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2020, 06:18 PM   #14
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What tear was his
Quote:

Problem has been solved. Software was updated at BMW. Car drives straight as an arrow
Awesome, that's great to hear. What did you tell them when you took your car there. Did you just tell them about the SIB and they flashed it?
previous
Appreciate 0