BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

06-10-2020, 04:29 PM   #1
cdajuan
Loso
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi, jb4, dci

2014 650 GC rear view camera

So i have been having issues with my rear view camera constantly running/flipping while the car is running even when the car is in park. I went to bmw to quote to get a new one and of course it was an insane amount. Does anyone know a website i can order one from rather than getting it from the bmw dealership?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 12:35 AM   #2
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdajuan View Post
So i have been having issues with my rear view camera constantly running/flipping while the car is running even when the car is in park. I went to bmw to quote to get a new one and of course it was an insane amount. Does anyone know a website i can order one from rather than getting it from the bmw dealership?
seen 2nd hand ones,,maybe do that
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2020, 08:29 PM   #3
cdajuan
Loso
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi, jb4, dci

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasa bmw View Post
Quote:
seen 2nd hand ones,,maybe do that
Would it require any type of coding if i find one off of salvaged 650?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 08:48 PM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Are you familiar with any of the online part database sites? If yes, you can pull up the rear cam and get its part number, then search the internet by simply typing “BMW xx xx x xxx xxx” into a google search box. ‘This will give you a list of vendors selling the item...and you can also do the same on eBay or amazon.com etc to find more sellers.

Have you determined if the issues is actually camera...perhaps its the control unit instead? Below is a diagram from one of the online part database sites...you can click the link to get the part nbrs to shop with:

If you need help accessing either the rear camera or its control module...you can find instructions on the TIS website. Just enter the last 7 digits of your VIN...then type a keyword in the search box like “reversing camera”....if you see instructions on installation...it may reveal if a new camera would need to be coded : https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 12:29 AM   #5
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

as above,,ive done that a few times over the years,,sellers text/message/call you with part and price etc,,but also try e bay and the likes
Appreciate 0