BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

06-14-2020, 08:03 AM   #1
djschmitt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 DCT, Impreza MT

Check for ECU Tune

I recently purchased a 2011 E93 from a private party who was the second owner. I asked him some questions that he didn't know the answers to which after taking a much closer look than a PPI, found the car had been modded in the past (aftermarket shocks, OEM muffler mod, aftermarket diffuser and front Splitter removed). So now, I also wonder if there is a custom tune running but I don't know if there is a way to check.

I tried searching the forums but didn't find anything. Thank you for the insights!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 09:26 AM   #2
redline9001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5, G14 F150

Do you still have cold start ?

Is the redline raised?

Looking at the flash data in the ecu will show if the redline was raised in the past.
      06-14-2020, 11:42 AM   #3
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline9001 View Post

Is the redline raised?

Looking at the flash data in the ecu will show if the redline was raised in the past.
Mine had an ess tune on it when I got it and when I contacted them they said it just was stage 1 with speed limit removed. still had cold start an redline not raised. So I guess to could try to go over 155mph and see what happens!

Probably best to just get the latest BMW software flashed to it if you're concerned. plus if it's not tuned and it's running old BMW software then the be software is apparently an engine ECU upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 03:16 PM   #4
djschmitt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 DCT, Impreza MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline9001 View Post

Is the redline raised?

Yes, cold start is still there and the red line is stock. I've been researching the Alpine tune and both of those are options, not a standard part off the tune I thought? I'll check the software version tonight.
Appreciate 0