BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

07-31-2020, 11:07 AM   #1
slowdown_dan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93

MCS Conversion

I'm asking here instead of calling BW simply because I'm tire kicking and dont want to waste anyone at BW's time. Due to the fact that I'm a newly addicted track newb I'm exploring all future upgrades because my brain does this thing where all it does is think about #racecar. Even at 3am when I should be sleeping.

I'm on edc dampers with Swift spec r's and camber pins pulled/aligned. Still running 200 TW tires and likely will be for at least another year or so despite my desires to run this set of RR scrubs sitting in my garage/office (a stack of temptation just staring at me)

While I literally just last week installed the swifts I'm already planning for stage 2. I thought I was dead set on some Ohlins RT (with a dedicated track revalve, swifts and race plates) because I have a vendor hookup , however the way some of you have spoke about your MCS dampers AND the ability to upgrade the 1WNR to a 3WR when the time is right makes A LOT of sense to me.

What does the upgrade cost? Is it as simple as price of 3WR minus cost of 1WNR? Is it more?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 12:58 PM   #2
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by butte2butte View Post
I'm asking here instead of calling BW simply because I'm tire kicking and dont want to waste anyone at BW's time. Due to the fact that I'm a newly addicted track newb I'm exploring all future upgrades because my brain does this thing where all it does is think about #racecar. Even at 3am when I should be sleeping.

I'm on edc dampers with Swift spec r's and camber pins pulled/aligned. Still running 200 TW tires and likely will be for at least another year or so despite my desires to run this set of RR scrubs sitting in my garage/office (a stack of temptation just staring at me)

While I literally just last week installed the swifts I'm already planning for stage 2. I thought I was dead set on some Ohlins RT (with a dedicated track revalve, swifts and race plates) because I have a vendor hookup , however the way some of you have spoke about your MCS dampers AND the ability to upgrade the 1WNR to a 3WR when the time is right makes A LOT of sense to me.

What does the upgrade cost? Is it as simple as price of 3WR minus cost of 1WNR? Is it more?
I actually asked a very similar question and you're basically right about cost. I have a 2WNR setup and asked about going to a remote 2 or 3 way and was basically told the upgrade cost is the difference in price. Probably give or take a little bit and that was the answer directly from someone at MCS. They happen to be less than 5 miles from me which is part of what pushed me in that direction.
      08-03-2020, 10:58 PM   #3
e36clubracer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ram 3500, f80M3, e36M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by butte2butte View Post

If you're worried about kicking the tires with BW I would just call MCS direct and ask. They can give you what is possible and what is not. Your idea may cost a little more in the long run but I am sure it would be a fun experiment to see how much different it is from one to another. You would also likely change spring rates and possibly gas pressure which could affect ride hight going from the 1wnr to the 3wr. It would probably be a pretty big change plus all the extra adjustability.
Appreciate 0