ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-31-2020, 11:40 AM   #1
dvd112
finally_allthat
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, 2016

Alignment help - indie vs dealer report compare

Hello, looking for some advice.

I have had my m4 for just under a year now. Midway through ownership I got some Michelin pss4s. Great tyre.

Anyway, since purchase of the vehicle I have had a slight vibration at speed, akin to wheel balancing. However diagnosed as an alignment issue.

I took it to a local reputable indie, who noted that the front camber was out of spec due to potential impact damage (see first attachment) he said nothing can be done unless you replace a part, but the car should drive straight and true and cause no issue. Which it did. But the vibration was still present ; anyway I had my major service at my dealer today and I got them to align it (about one month in between) It all came back in spec. Drives true and vibration seems less. I attach the report (second attachment) and wonder what you think? It looks to be like they are far "off target" but still within tolerance. Is that a good alignment? Or am I still quite off ?

Interested in why the final alignment measurement on the first report. Is so far off the initial alignment of the second report. Is that down to technician. Alignment of the alignment machine ! I dunno. I have paid almost 210 gbp in 2x alignments.

Thanks in advance.

David
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 06:34 AM   #2
dvd112
finally_allthat
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, 2016

Bump ***

If I have posted in wrong section. Let me know.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 07:10 PM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Could have easily been a calibration issue or how well the alignment machine is kept up.

Almost everyone else other than the dealer aligns the vehicle without the weight of the driver so that will give you some deviations.
Appreciate 0