BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

02-04-2021, 03:27 PM   #1
daniel650i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 650i gc

So I'm interested in swapping out to either a vrsf
or a armmotorsport downpipe and leaning more towards vrsf due to researching reviews from both company. Everything else will be stock and eventually will install an air intake. Given that a cel will pop up due to it being a cat less downpipe, only thing that is frustrating me is which tune to run?
I'm fairly new into the performance mods and most of my research leads me to the 550i since it shares the same n63tu motor.
Im guessing the safest tune to run would be bootmod3, and I'm just hoping others who has experience with this topic could share some insight/advice/reviews.
Not really trying to maximize performance cause this 6 series is my daily and I'm *trying* to find the safest and most reliable way to delete that cel once the downpipe is installed. I know reliability and tuning don't really go in the same sentence, but try to work with me here lol here's a pic of my 650i
Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 07:37 PM   #2
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel650i View Post
or a armmotorsport downpipe and leaning more towards vrsf due to researching reviews from both company. Everything else will be stock and eventually will install an air intake. Given that a cel will pop up due to it being a cat less downpipe, only thing that is frustrating me is which tune to run?
I'm fairly new into the performance mods and most of my research leads me to the 550i since it shares the same n63tu motor.
Im guessing the safest tune to run would be bootmod3, and I'm just hoping others who has experience with this topic could share some insight/advice/reviews.
Not really trying to maximize performance cause this 6 series is my daily and I'm *trying* to find the safest and most reliable way to delete that cel once the downpipe is installed. I know reliability and tuning don't really go in the same sentence, but try to work with me here lol here's a pic of my 650i
I run arm downpipes and bm3. Great combo in my opinion. I would also recommend xHP to retune the transmission. If your looking to get max performance then adding meth injection is another option. My car pretty much has everything done except turbo swaps, which is probably going to end up happening sooner than later.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 1
NDAzone13.50
      02-04-2021, 07:45 PM   #3
daniel650i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordTR View Post
Quote:
I run arm downpipes and bm3. Great combo in my opinion. I would also recommend xHP to retune the transmission. If your looking to get max performance then adding meth injection is another option. My car pretty much has everything done except turbo swaps, which is probably going to end up happening sooner than later.
The only things I hear bad about arm is how their fitment is a hit or a miss
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 08:36 PM   #4
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The only things I hear bad about arm is how their fitment is a hit or a miss
Correct. Mine fit perfectly but I know others have had issues.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 07:44 AM   #5
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:
Quote:
Does swapping out stock catted for catless always pop a CEL?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 09:40 AM   #6
daniel650i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
After reviewing 99% of people who did swap them out on a n63tu.. yes. Unless you want to drive around with a cel on all the time haha
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 08:41 PM   #7
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah just get a tune and it's gone.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps