BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-14-2021, 01:30 PM   #1
BeachsideF30
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90--> E92-->F30

Vehicle Check Indicator

Just purchased our cpo 2018 x5 back in March. It's service indicator says it's now due for oil and a vehicle check. I looked into that service and saw that some people pay and some don't. I'm 2 months outside of my 3/36k maintenance. Shouldn't the vehicle check been cleared when I purchased it in order to of made it CPO? Thanks for any I sight.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 01:51 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachsideF30 View Post
Just purchased our cpo 2018 x5 back in March. It's service indicator says it's now due for oil and a vehicle check. I looked into that service and saw that some people pay and some don't. I'm 2 months outside of my 3/36k maintenance. Shouldn't the vehicle check been cleared when I purchased it in order to of made it CPO? Thanks for any I sight.
The service indicator wasn't showing in March when you bought it right?

If it just showed up now, service is due or the dealer forgot to reset the service intervals. Unless they didn't do any service as part of the CPO certification process... it's possible it didn't need much? If the vehicle doesn't need an oil change, and it likely doesn't need a vehicle check if it just went through the CPO certification, you can reset/turn off those warnings. Just Google it, lots of info on it.

If an oil change is due, I'd ask the dealer to take care of it as it probably should have been done in March if it was that close to being due. Unless you've piled on 1000's of miles since March.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 03:37 PM   #3
BeachsideF30
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90--> E92-->F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Quote:
The service indicator wasn't showing in March when you bought it right?

If it just showed up now, service is due or the dealer forgot to reset the service intervals. Unless they didn't do any service as part of the CPO certification process... it's possible it didn't need much? If the vehicle doesn't need an oil change, and it likely doesn't need a vehicle check if it just went through the CPO certification, you can reset/turn off those warnings. Just Google it, lots of info on it.

If an oil change is due, I'd ask the dealer to take care of it as it probably should have been done in March if it was that close to being due. Unless you've piled on 1000's of miles since March.
The oil was changed when purchased along with new tires, but they said they didn't reset the service for it because the vehicle didn't call for it but the dealer does it for the CPO process which I found a little odd. Why do the oil and not re set/update the due mileage. And now it's recommending vehicle check, like as you mentioned should have been done 3 months ago to certify it but the light just now came on for it. It's been about 5k miles since we bought it
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 05:03 PM   #4
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i

Quote:
I had the same happened to my CPO purchased in March. After having it for a month, my oil change light came on. I called the dealership where I purchased the car, they took care of me without a question. I found out from the service advisor that this is pretty common with used cars. They perform checks and maintenance on them when they come in. And when the car sits in the lot and not sold, the required date for oil change rolls forward when the mileage stays the same. So by the time the car is sold, it may be due for oil change. Not because the oil is dirty, more so of the date from last oil change expired.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 10:44 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

None of the service due warnings should be a surprise. You get warnings prior to the service being due…and at the least…you can simply go into iDrive and see the listed services…and as you scroll through them, you can see the date & mileage when they come due. (the brakes may still be an estimate and will keep extending if you have reached the wear sensor)
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0