BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-19-2021, 08:49 PM   #1
Garcia_f24
Private
Rep
Drives: Range Rover SVR — X5M (

Upgrades needed to run Bootmod3 stage 2

Hey guys,

Im currently running Bootmod3 stage 2 with no issues. however, Im going to be upgrading my spark plugs to NGK's next week. Is there anything else I should consider upgrading? ignition coils, etc? Im just looking to prevent future problems by upgrading things.

Current mods:
Catless downpipes
FI Exhaust

Thanks!

Last edited by Garcia_f24; 06-19-2021 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: added details.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 09:26 PM   #2
Klienfeld303
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 x5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia_f24 View Post
Hey guys,

Im currently running Bootmod3 stage 2 with no issues. however, Im going to be upgrading my spark plugs to NGK's next week. Is there anything else I should consider upgrading? ignition coils, etc? Im just looking to prevent future problems by upgrading things.

Thanks!
Hmmm stage 2 with no down pipes, exhaust, intake nada?! All that extra boost has to have exhaust flowing properly. You could run the risk of over heating the turbos, your cats, not to mention whatever air fuel ratio stage 2 is demanding you could damage intérnals etc . I'm sure people have done it but I wouldn't.
      06-19-2021, 10:30 PM   #3
Garcia_f24
Private
Rep
Drives: Range Rover SVR — X5M (

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klienfeld303 View Post
Hmmm stage 2 with no down pipes, exhaust, intake nada?! All that extra boost has to have exhaust flowing properly. You could run the risk of over heating the turbos, your cats, not to mention whatever air fuel ratio stage 2 is demanding you could damage intérnals etc . I'm sure people have done it but I wouldn't.
Forgot to mention current mods. FI Exhaust and VRSF downpipes
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 05:58 AM   #4
J0hnnyB0yx5m
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M

I've been using bm3 stage 2 tune and my current upgrades are vrsf dp and drop in bmc air filter but I just seen this post from bm3

https://bootmod3.atlassian.net/wiki/...+and+which+gap

Car runs like a monster but deff feel like I could get more so going to see what the step cooler plugs feels like.. also I deff recommend the xHP trans flash.. car pulls way harder and shifts smoother IMO and I haven't even played with the adjustments yet.. 👍🏼 good luck
Appreciate 0