BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-20-2021, 07:33 AM   #1
deathwish
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D Sport iDrive

Question Side view cameras without voiding CPO

I am in the process of purchasing a 2018 X5 that still has ~ 1.5 years on the CPO warranty.
My problem is unusual. I have a driveway that is extremely narrow. The dealership was nice enough to drive the car to my office to make sure it would fit. It does fit but only if I retract both side view mirrors. Problem with this is that I can’t see my car as I am driving down the driveway and I don’t want to scratch my car. Numerous other cars have been scratched going down this driveway.

The OEM 360 view is useless here because you loose the side view cameras when you retract the mirrors. It does not have the 360 option anyway.

I wanted to know if it was possible to mount aftermarket side view cameras so that I would essentially get a similar view to what I would see on the side view mirrors when the side view mirrors are retracted. And I would like to do it in a way that will not void the CPO warranty. Otherwise I’ll wait 1.5 to make any mods.

Last edited by deathwish; 06-20-2021 at 07:40 AM..
Appreciate 0