BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-31-2021, 10:06 PM   #1
X5Buell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5 35D M sport

Michelin A/S 4 reviews please

So my stock run flats are wearing out and I truely hate them
I have a set on wheels for winter. And I know I don’t want to go run flat again as I wasn’t happy with the mileage I got 50 km
I’m not opposed to summer tires but I live in Vancouver and we see more rain than sun.
I was settled on the Conti DSW but in my search the Michelin all season 4 came up. As well as the 3 plus
They will never be used in the snow. Just rain and sun and clouds ( mostly clouds and rain here)
I searched and read over 20 posts on tires , but I’m looking to see some on a “ year later” on the tires review
Or if there is a tire I’m not seeing in my search. Or a 3 season tire. Thanks
2018 M sport 35D. Stangard 20”
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 11:33 PM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Vredestein Quatrac Pro, got them a year ago, still happy, non RFT, drove in rain, light snow. 0 issues very good tires. Few other forum member use them for 3 years now and happy as well. Search,there are many good threads her with information on tires.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 11:51 PM   #3
stocktree
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Vredestein Quatrac Pro, got them a year ago, still happy, non RFT, drove in rain, light snow. 0 issues very good tires. Few other forum member use them for 3 years now and happy as well. Search,there are many good threads her with information on tires.
I wonder how many miles people will get out of those. They have a lower tread wear rating than the dws06 for example.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 12:09 AM   #4
CanadianLurker
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5Buell View Post
So my stock run flats are wearing out and I truely hate them
I have a set on wheels for winter. And I know I don’t want to go run flat again as I wasn’t happy with the mileage I got 50 km
I’m not opposed to summer tires but I live in Vancouver and we see more rain than sun.
I was settled on the Conti DSW but in my search the Michelin all season 4 came up. As well as the 3 plus
They will never be used in the snow. Just rain and sun and clouds ( mostly clouds and rain here)
I searched and read over 20 posts on tires , but I’m looking to see some on a “ year later” on the tires review
Or if there is a tire I’m not seeing in my search. Or a 3 season tire. Thanks
2018 M sport 35D. Stangard 20”
Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1756542
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 12:32 AM   #5
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

I don't understand the point of having a winter setup and an all season setup?

If you're going to run 2 different setups and already have a winter setup, why wouldn't you just get some summer performance tires for your 20's? They'll handle just fine during some light/moderate spring/summer rainfall.

Or... since you live in Vancouver, you could easily get by with one setup with all seasons. Unless you do a lot of mountain/snow driving.

Just my .02.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 04:00 PM   #6
X5Buell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5 35D M sport

I have the snow set up for when we go to the mountains for the weekend
The front Michelin are on major back order. On Monday Costco is having a 20% off online only on tires. I’ll order the rears. Wait till fronts come in and they will honour the deal
Appreciate 0