BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-19-2022, 11:41 PM   #1
e80two
self-admitted lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

How much do you think this 2011 135I Msport is worth?

I picked this car up in 9/21. Here are the list of mods. In a few days, I'll reveal what I paid. Looking at the classifieds section, I personally feel I got a steal. Curious to know what people think the car is worth.
-NE car, stored during the winter, no rust
-clean Carfax
-I am the 4th owner
-2nd owner did all the heavy lifting
-3rd owner had it for about 3500 miles, and sold it to me to pick up a piece of property
-interior is IMMACULATE and the only exterior damage is listed in the ad below
-came with LoJack
-came with a manila folder about 1.5" thick containing every receipt for every purchase/service made by owners 2 & 3.

Here is the advertisement as posted, with a few edits made for clarity's sake:

2011 6MT SBM over Coral red BMW 135i Msport w/91,203 miles

Options:
-iDrive
-HK sound system
-Manual seats
-Cold weather package

Owner #2 purchased this car in spring of 2015, and he initially used it to commute 80 miles round trip each day for work during the first 2 years of ownership, then only put a couple thousand miles a year after moving closer to work. Owner #2 put about 15k miles on it in the 6 years of his ownership. Owner #2 purchased the car from an older retired gentleman who used it to drive to Michigan and back a few times a year. Owner #2 and I (owner #3) always garage kept the car and stored it with a very rigorous storage routine. The car has never been driven in the snow and has only been caught in the rain a few times. I have never done burnouts, drifted it, drag raced, clutch drops, donuts. That sort of stuff is not for me and frankly above my skill level. Car is used for date night and to visit car shows. Pets have never been allowed in the car. Owner #2 and I have never allowed eating and drinking in the car. Very big on maintenance and preventative maintenance and when the car was modified, the "might as well upgrade while we are in there" mentality was used. That being said, the turbo upgrade, clutch and all maintenance performed around that time was done by a Tulley BMW certified tech. The car was built with the intention of having a full interior track car that handles the corners and off ramps extremely well. The M-factory helical limited slip differential was added prior to the Pure Stage 2 Turbo to help keep the car planted out of the corners. The has been through 5 sets of wheels and 7 sets of tires before what was decided to be perfect for driveability and handling. Looking back, owner #2 spent $29,000+ over 6 years and basically added an average of $400 to his monthly payment. The vehicle has had over a dozen alignments to get it dialed in with suspension upgrades and/or tire changes. The vehicle has also had over a dozen oil changes in the last 6 years with LiquiMoly specialTEC. The brake fluid has also been flushed with StopTech fluid and the transmission and differential with LiquiMoly products. The car was recently buffed and waxed with Chemical Guys products, and the interior was detailed as well. There are very small paint imperfections that could be further cleaned up by a detailer. There are 3 very very small dents in the lip of the hood that (a local PDR company) says they can remove for under $200. It hasn't bothered (owner #3) enough to address it and they are almost invisible and my next purchase was going to be an e82 active hood (if I could find one.) The car has an AEM Meth kit installed and currently a conservative MHD tune. You will need a smart device and a MHD account, which can be included for an add'l $300. (~sidenote: I opted for this, and the account comes with 6 custom flashable tunes to account for various octane levels, +/- methanol.) The current MHD tune will be included. (Owner#3) have not had the car dyno'd but a conservative guess
at power is somewhere north of 460RWHP and over 500RWTQ. There is more power to be made if you partner with a tuner and create a custom tune of your own.

(Owner #3 works) 5-6 days a week and and can meet up most nights. (Owner #3) will not show the car in the rain, and will only take you on a test ride. You will need a truck to collect all of the OEM parts and extra parts that are included. Might even take 2 trips. Most parts were purchased from ECS tuning or FCP Euro. More pics upon request as well as take specific pictures as
well if needed.

Maintenance and modification list w/ mileage :

73,900 ($5,105)
-BMS clutch valve $30
-BMS clutch stop $10
-BMS oil catch can $200
-BMS charge pipe $140
-BMS intake $200
-alignment
-VRSF 7" intercooler $400
-Berk mid pipes w/ Berk muffler (ceramic coated) $1000
-Window tint $500
-Mod bargains LED side markers $30
-OEM alcantra shift boot $60
-UUC weighted shift knob $135
-MFactory helical LSD full pumpkin $2500
-Magnetic drain plug $30
-Self healing front PPF Xpel (bumper/lights/front hood and fenders) $600
-FTP Sport oil cooler thermostat $70

-Oil Change

-Oil Change

80k ($1,710)
-TMS SS brake lines $125
-StopTech STR660
-M3/1M F&R U&L control arms $1000
-Bilstein tierod ends $100
-ECS swaybars 28/15 $400
-ECS rear trailing arms
-UUC transmission bushings/mounts
-alignment

-Oil change with magnetic drain plug

82k ($1,825)
-ST XTA coilovers with camber plates $1350
-1M strut brace (ECS kit) $350
-Manzo rear toe arms $125
-alignment

84k ($8,390)
-Beltronics STI-R+ w/ ZR4 laser shift radar detection system $1800
(display and controller not currently connected as a custom mirror was going to be made)
-NGK spark plugs $75
-Bosch coils $150
-AGK rear subframe bushings $270
-FCP euro waterpump kit w/ coolant flush $400
-FCP drive belt kit w/ new pulleys $145
-FCP OFHG kit w/ plugs $65
-Aluminum water hose fitting $15
-VSRF Catless downpipe $290
-VSRF turbo inlet w/ new OEM gasket $200
-VSRF turbo to IC $120
-DDM Tuning headlights & Halos $300
-oil change with additive
-alignment
-Apex wheel stud kit $140
-Differential fluid flush
-GFB DV upgrade $135
-OEM boost valve $135
-MHD flash for new mods $500
-Convert to interstate AGM battery $200
-M3 cowl w/ mini cooper nozzles $600
-DKM MS-006-076 Twin Disc Clutch $1535
-New belly cover $300
-Reiger Rear diffuser $600
-Carbon fiber wrap interior pieces $200
-1M trunk spoiler color matched $150

85k ($3,760)
-PS2 Turbo w/new OEM oil lines $2650
-N55 turbo install kit $400
-Fuel-it Stage 2 bucket pump $405
-MHD beta flash w/ bluetooth flasher $70
-AEM AWM kit $450
-5 gallon meth tank $85
-various nozzles and fittings $150
-inspection and alignment

oil change

-Apex ARC-8 w/ Bridgestone RE-71r 225/40R18 &265/35R18 $2400
-alignment

88k ($1,420)
-Oil change
-AGK 75D differential mounts $160
-Push button start red $30
-Double slat M colored grills $75
-Blacklines LCI tail lights $400
-OEM motor mounts $300
-BMS upgraded intake coupler $25

Factory/Spare parts that came with the car:
-3rd brake light (BNIB) $120
-Dinan boost tap $100
-Setrab oil cooler kit $500 (BNIB)
-Bimmerworld adjustable clutch stop
-Titanium F/R brake shims (BNIB) $200
-M-Design intake $400
-NGK spark plugs (BNIB) $75
-valve cover gasket (BNIB) $75
-Deatschwerks 550cc injectors (BNIB) $350
-Z4 wheels w/ new Snow tires (used for winter storage to keep from the current wheels from getting flat spots)
-18" F22 2 series wheels w/ worn tires
-OEM turbo
-OEM intake system
-OEM fuel pump
-OEM intercooler
-OEM exhaust system (full turbo back)
-OEM tail lights
-OEM control arms
-OEM rear trailing arms
-OEM rear toe arms
-OEM shift boot
-OEM clutch valve
-OEM Shift knob
-OEM rear diffuser
-OEM aluminum interior trim
-OEM rear view mirror
-OEM Rain cowl
-OEM DV
-OEM swap bars
-OEM strut brace
-OEM grilles
-OEM side markers
-OEM 18" Staggered wheels
-OEM side markers
-OEM removable cup holder

Last edited by e80two; 03-11-2022 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:07 AM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

The used car market is insane. Pricing on a car like this is driven by the market. Demand is high. So if you are planning on selling it for a profit, you have picked a great time. I'd ask at least $30k and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 11:01 AM   #3
fast1eddy
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Lemans Blue

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
  [0.00]
The car has a great list of modification and maintenance clearly geared towards track use. I'm not sure that will result in an increased value for the car. In some ways it narrows your audience. That being said if you're patient you should be able to find a buyer. As for value I really have no idea but I don't think it will be worth more than an unmodified car.
Appreciate 1
jwolf63.00
      02-20-2022, 04:36 PM   #4
e80two
self-admitted lurker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
The used car market is insane. Pricing on a car like this is driven by the market. Demand is high. So if you are planning on selling it for a profit, you have picked a great time. I'd ask at least $30k and see what happens.
I *definitely* don't plan to sell *lol*. Since purchase, I've already added a few mods, and plan on more. Purchased and modded an E90 M3 a few years ago, sold it and picked up pristine, low mileage, stock 6MT B8 A4. Did full suspension, FBO + K04 + tune + methanol, and was looking to go custom turbo, but weighed the associated costs and started seeing what else was on the market. Sold the A4 shortly after I picked this up, so no selling.....this one is a keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast1eddy View Post
The car has a great list of modification and maintenance clearly geared towards track use. I'm not sure that will result in an increased value for the car. In some ways it narrows your audience. That being said if you're patient you should be able to find a buyer. As for value I really have no idea but I don't think it will be worth more than an unmodified car.
You make some valid points. There is definitely as specific market for a car like this were I looking to sell.

Love your LeMans Blue, btw. I was hoping to find one in that color when I picked up the SBM *lol*.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 09:43 PM   #5
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast1eddy View Post
As for value I really have no idea but I don't think it will be worth more than an unmodified car.
This^^

I sold cars for several years and I can confirm this is true, we never paid more for modified cars than for a similar unmodified version. I've been monitoring the prices for 1ers since I might get another one what I've seen is they've retracted a bit with stock 135is's commanding in the early $30s from the mid $30s. Another observation noticed is that once the mileage crosses 50-60k the price really starts to plummet. If I had to guess a car like yours could fetch $14-16k, of course finding the right buyer is going to be the key, someone that will appreciate and pay for the mods. I'm willing to bet you picked it up for around $10k since you stated "it was a steal."

Looking forward to the reveal.

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i

Last edited by doublevanosrc; 02-20-2022 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 02:03 PM   #6
e80two
self-admitted lurker
United_States
Rep

I paid $21k for it.

I realize that we all have differing opinions on what a car is worth, but it pretty much boils down to, "whatever someone deems it's worth."

I knew when I embarked on this ownership journey what kinds of mods I was planning to do, as well as the associated costs. This car is very much in alignment with what I was planning mechanically, so being able to save on the associated costs (time and money) was very appealing. The fact that the previous ownership has documented proof of not only the parts purchases, but the installations as well, heavily swayed my opinion. A clear Carfax doesn't hurt, either.

Overall, I feel very comfortable with the price point, and am immensely enjoying the purchase!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 02:57 PM   #7
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

That's what it's all about!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 06:16 AM   #8
bobowar135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' Sedona Red 135i

A car is worth as much as somone is willing to pay for it.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 06:37 AM   #9
Josh-PA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2, n55 e88, B58 G05

I was going to say $14k too.

The mods detract value for most buyers. As long as you value the mods, you're happy and enjoying then you got a steal. Its very hard to find cars these days, so finding one like this that fits what you were looking for makes it a good buy.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 10:44 AM   #10
e80two
self-admitted lurker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobowar135 View Post
A car is worth as much as somone is willing to pay for it.

Yeppers, pretty much the same idea I expressed above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-PA View Post
The mods detract value for most buyers. As long as you value the mods, you're happy and enjoying then you got a steal. Its very hard to find cars these days, so finding one like this that fits what you were looking for makes it a good buy.
Tell me about it! I feel like this car is an excellent starting point for where I'd like to go. I work on my own vehicles, so I know the time and effort needed to execute the installation of the mods (not to mention the price!), and the work done negates dozens of hours of work, so that alone was huge!

Of course there are *some* things that I don't like (5 gal methanol tank that makes fold down rear seats useless) that I'm working on modifying, but for the most part, I couldn't be happier.
Appreciate 0