BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-28-2022, 07:20 AM   #1
20comp8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M6 comp coupe

Intake Recommendations

Don't really care a whole lot about looks under the hood, and I know they don't add a whole lot in terms of power. But I want the sound. Went to BimmerInvasion in Orlando, and I love that whistle.

Anyone have one they'd recommend?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 11:07 PM   #2
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17compSix View Post
Don't really care a whole lot about looks under the hood, and I know they don't add a whole lot in terms of power. But I want the sound. Went to BimmerInvasion in Orlando, and I love that whistle.

Anyone have one they'd recommend?
I have aFe intakes, they are pricey. Id suggest Burger Motorsports (BMS). They are cheaper, but they allow for you to add charge pipes later for meth etc…
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 11:14 PM   #3
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Wished I could have made it out to that event. I have Rk Autowerks CF intakes. The look stunning and if you have the windows down you can here the turbos. It isn't overwhelming but better than designed silence bmw engineered in. Look around in the members classifieds in the f10 M5 and on here you'll find a pair at a a nice discount from time to time. If you are looking for something more cost permissive the BMS' are nice
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 01:25 AM   #4
Mirza_7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6-GO6, M6-F13

I just changed my stock intake earlier today… got the BMS (and I already had the charge pipes installed).

Took it for some local spins and I'm satisfied with it, but haven't gotten the chance to test on the highway or the other intake brands; which I'm considering project gamma's.

The only issue with those intakes is they stick out and are visible from the grille. I personally don't like that look and the issue with water getting sucked in on rainy days (I know there's a cover for them but I doubt they're 100% effective especially without being restrictive). I'm in NY so the weather does get crazy during the spring time here.
Also the higher chance of damage due to the intakes right out there.

Dinan, I read wasn't worth the price..You're basically just paying for a carbon fiber upgrade with minimal gains. Not sure if that's true, but what I've read.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 01:48 AM   #5
Mirza_7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6-GO6, M6-F13

I ended up on google after this post and found these:
The front of the intake is open so it shouldn't be restrictive and also might help with the heat from the engine bay…?
In the pics they're installed on a m5 (same engine) with the BMS intake.

Anyone have any insight on these or the company?

https://www.addw1.com/products/add-w...smart_campaign
Attached Images

Appreciate 0