BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-24-2022, 09:56 AM   #1
Blue By You
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB X5M F85

URGENT: Need 2017 F85 Rear Suspension Air Compressor

Hey guys, long story short my rig is in the shop and we are awaiting an approval on repairs from my warranty company. We can get an air compressor but it cannot be returned if for any reason we don't need it. Can you tell me where I can order one that can be returned if it's not unboxed and installed? TIA
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 10:21 AM   #2
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...co-37206875177
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2022, 01:34 PM   #3
Blue By You
Major
Rep

Compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx5er View Post
Thank you. I guess that one you posted is an aftermarket compressor only?

We just got approved for the repairs and my indy just told me that they are ordering an OEM BMW complete assembly with the valves. So I am good to go.

Thank you again!
Appreciate 1
9vapors653.50
      08-24-2022, 01:36 PM   #4
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

Fcpeuro also sells the genuine bmw part
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 12:02 AM   #5
x5m_Oleg
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Out of curiosity what happened to your suspension? I'm having an issue w my car currently not airing up the rear suspension after an accident in the front passenger side and it was siting for a while had a dead battery replaced it recently but not the secondary smaller battery next to it not sure if it correlates to the compressor by any means but it holds charge to my knowledge, I checked both fuses in the trunk fuse box for it and those are good but even with the car running for 20-30mins it just doesn't air up nor does it sound like the compressor kicks in. Wondering if there's a way to reset and trouble shoot the system saw something online with people using ISTA but I'm not familiar with that program. If you or anyone know any solutions it would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 11:30 AM   #6
Blue By You
Major
Rep

Compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5m_Oleg View Post
Out of curiosity what happened to your suspension? I'm having an issue w my car currently not airing up the rear suspension after an accident in the front passenger side and it was siting for a while had a dead battery replaced it recently but not the secondary smaller battery next to it not sure if it correlates to the compressor by any means but it holds charge to my knowledge, I checked both fuses in the trunk fuse box for it and those are good but even with the car running for 20-30mins it just doesn't air up nor does it sound like the compressor kicks in. Wondering if there's a way to reset and trouble shoot the system saw something online with people using ISTA but I'm not familiar with that program. If you or anyone know any solutions it would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry, I'm not too mechanical and my indy shop took care of this for me. The failures on my M were both airbags, compressor, and valve block. All suffering in one form or another. Everything was replaced and now she sits perfect, no more sagging when I come out in the morning. And she rides better overall too.

This is a very expensive overall repair ($6K) so make sure to figure it out. Good luck with everything!
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2022, 04:48 PM   #7
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue By You View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5m_Oleg View Post
Sorry, I'm not too mechanical and my indy shop took care of this for me. The failures on my M were both airbags, compressor, and valve block. All suffering in one form or another. Everything was replaced and now she sits perfect, no more sagging when I come out in the morning. And she rides better overall too.

This is a very expensive overall repair ($6K) so make sure to figure it out. Good luck with everything!
Was any of this covered under warranty ?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 05:38 PM   #8
Blue By You
Major
Rep

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
Allstate CPO Wrap warranty. I paid a deductible and a fraction of the repairs.
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2022, 10:16 PM   #9
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue By You View Post
Quote:
Allstate CPO Wrap warranty. I paid a deductible and a fraction of the repairs.
Do I need to be with Allstate to have this warranty ?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 06:26 AM   #10
Blue By You
Major
Rep

No

Quote:
Do I need to be with Allstate to have this warranty ?
But mine was a CPO and I bought it through my dealer at the time of purchase. The way I understand it, Allstate uses dealers for these warranties and does not sell them directly.
Appreciate 1