BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-14-2022, 01:06 PM   #1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Several

Garage List
PSS Warranty

Has anyone been successful in getting a prorated tire warranty with their Pilot Super Sports? The 30K warranty should be cut in 1/2 to 15k miles since we have a staggered setup. I noticed that my right front tire is wearing down to the bars on the outside shoulder.

1. The tires were installed at the dealer
2. Alignment has been done at the time of installation and another time since installation
3. Tire pressures have been meticulously kept within spec
4. Michelin and BMW issued this glorious press release about how they developed this tire in conjunction with each other:

https://michelinmedia.com/michelin-p...t-bmw-x5m-x6m/

5. Based on #4 I can't see how Michelin could deny a claim about "uneven" wear if alignment was done within BMW spec.

Anyhow, I have to take the car in for a work CV boot on the left front axle, so I will inquire with my SA about the right front tire. Just anticipating any pushback and wanted to see if anyone had been through this before. Thanks!
2015 Porsche GT3
2004 Ferrari 360 Spider 6M
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2023, 12:40 AM   #2
Abstracted
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M F85

I got 40% back after getting them replaced at 17K miles.

Key to note:

When making the claim with Michelin over the phone, they asked ME what the installer said was the remaining tread (I reported accurately, but may not be so accurate in the future). The installer was originally supposed to call in with that info, but I got them replaced on Saturday, in which Michelin is closed.
And they did not require any official report or paperwork from the installer. All they wanted was the old tires' DOT numbers, date of original install and mileage, current mileage of the vehicle, and remaining tread depth.
The remaining tread depth and mileage driven determines the percentage of the rebate.

Also, they originally were going to give me 30% back and they asked me if that was fine with me. I said no because I was expecting 50%. So they went to the manager and got 40% approved.

TLDNR: Get 'em installed on a Saturday. Report your own tread remaining specs, and negotiate strongly for a bigger percentage back.

More advice: Get them price matched at America's Tire to Walmart (or who ever is the cheapest retailer). But they won't do a price match + warranty claim. So go through Michelin directly for the warranty claim instead.

Last edited by Abstracted; 08-10-2023 at 12:46 AM..
Appreciate 0