BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-05-2022, 12:17 PM   #1
VETTEPRO
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M Comp, Grigio Telesto

Code out backup camera warning?

I got the Bimmergeeks ProTool to clear out some seat codes,which worked great.
Does anyone know how to navigate to the backup camera warning? That stupid thing blocks the middle of the camera view, particularly when I have it on wide-angle view.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 12:54 PM   #2
MBoss_F86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X6M

Go to Headunit/Warnings/Camera Warning in Bimmercode app. I am not sure about Bimmergeeks. You can definitely disable warning in Bimmercode
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 09:44 PM   #3
VETTEPRO
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoss_F86 View Post
Go to Headunit/Warnings/Camera Warning in Bimmercode app. I am not sure about Bimmergeeks. You can definitely disable warning in Bimmercode
I got the app today. For some reason my "THOR" WiFi- OBD interface, is only compatible with E Series when using Bimmercode, but it works for F Series when using ProTool. That doesn't make any sense meto.
Anyway, I ordered a different WiFi interface to work with it. I should have it on Thursday.
Thanks for the advise.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 08:28 AM   #4
MBoss_F86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X6M

I use Kies Motorsports adapter. It pretty much works with every app and FAST response

https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/prod...a532d3f1&_ss=r
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 02:54 PM   #5
G0FNDM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
I use Bimmercode/link with this obd adapter for my X5M. Works great

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XG...b_b_asin_title
      11-11-2022, 05:37 AM   #6
VETTEPRO
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBoss_F86 View Post
Unfortunately, the warning still appears when I have the backup camera in wide-screen mode.
Both Bimmercode and ProTool will clear it only in the normal view.
Just in case anyone wants to know, I went through a lot of stuff and both seem to be able to do the same things as far as coding goes. I will say that the ProTool is WAY faster though.
ProTool also has pretty decent diagnostic functions. I don't know if Bimmercode does or not. It is quite a bit more expensive than Bimmercode.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 03:36 PM   #7
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Bimmercode is for coding and its sister app BimmerLink is for diagnostics.

If you still get camera warnings and you've successfully coded that feature to be NOT ACTIVE...can it be you only coded one of the camera parameters off? Or maybe the HU_NBT setup is different than the HU_NBT_EVO setup. I just have the NBT_HU and I don't get any camera warning in regular or wide angle view.

You can see screen shots from the Bimmercode website for coding camera and startup warnings off (as well as night vision warning if you have that option)…and you can see the regular rearview and wide angle rearview in pics below. Regular rearview uses the guide lines…wide angle view does not.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 11-11-2022 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 0