Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

11-17-2022, 03:06 PM   #1
MyNameIsNotSure
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Coding angel eyes to turn off with headlights

I’m actually trying to do this on a ‘22 Mini Cooper S but I always wanted to do it on my old M3 too and I figure since the system is the same and I’m using Bimmercode either way I’d ask here.

I’m trying to make it so that when the headlight switch is in the off (0) position, the headlights AND halos turn off. I’ve tried playing around in bimmercode and haven’t found anything. No matter what I try the halos always stay on when the headlights are turned off. I do want them to remain on when the headlights are on, just that I want them to turn off when the headlights are off as well so the front of the car can be completely dark.

Is there a setting in expert mode somewhere I can look for to do this?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 06:44 AM   #2
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
I’m all but certain there is a check box in the Settings in iDrive to disable the daytime running lights.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 01:56 PM   #3
aa2033
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBO View Post
I’m all but certain there is a check box in the Settings in iDrive to disable the daytime running lights.
That will disable the DRL's completely, i dont believe they turn on with the low beams like OP wants with them turned off in iDrive.

This would be the easiest option if you can settle without the angel eyes off with low beams.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 05:21 PM   #4
MyNameIsNotSure
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Yes I do want the halos to remain on during the day, I just want a quick way to turn everything off when the switch is on “0”. I suppose I can set the check box screen as one of the presets shortcuts when I need it so thanks for inspiring that idea, but it’d still be nice to just have it at the switch.
Appreciate 0