United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F85 X5M

Garage List
2023 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2018 BMW X5M F85  [0.00]
Extended Warranty Option through Carbahn

Hey everyone - Happy New Year!

I am a relatively new F85 owner, but have been on this forum in the shadows for awhile now. At the end of October I picked up my CPO'd 2018 Silverstone Metallic F85 with roughly 25k miles. It's in excellent shape and got a killer deal on it.

Anyways, I have been toying with the idea of getting a tune and throwing on some mods (downpipes, KW V3's, intakes, wheels, etc...). Long story short, I called Chris at Carbahn back in November and he mentioned that they will shortly offer an extended warranty through them with a company called Cornerstone (been around for quite some years). He said that there is a clause somewhere in the policy stating mods are covered (don't quote me on that). My understanding is that this particular policy will cover any warranty issues directly related to mods in addition to normal breakdowns. I was told that the mods can be from any aftermarket company, not just Carbahn. Lot's of people have been asking about this and so now it's offered.

Anyone have any experience with Cornerstone? Just wanted to get some feedback before I jump on it. Apparently, you can only buy this warranty through an authorized dealer and not directly with Cornerstone. Hopefully it's not too good to be true haha. I still need to get a final quote...but somewhere in the ballpark of 5k to extend an additional 3-4 years up to 100k (something like that). Hoping to find out more details soon.

Cheers!

Last edited by mcanzio; 01-05-2023 at 01:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 07:10 PM   #2
WZS_M
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 17' BSM X5M

Garage List
  [0.00]
Im in the market for one right now. If you don't mind letting me know what you paid, as I am trying to gauge where the market is at, I'd appreciate it. Feel free to PM me if so. Congrats on the new X5!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 07:24 PM   #3
V i C
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M, 205 C63S, AMG GT-R

I’d have PM you but I can’t since I’m new. The company I deal with says they can cover some stuff, but they need to know exactly what is done, or what will be done, before they can tell you what’s covered. Because you can cancel anytime and get prorated amount back, my play has been to discuss what’s already done, and then what I plan, but if there’s a course correction and they won’t cover anymore, I can cancel. the company is Empire auto protect.
Appreciate 0