BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-14-2023, 09:31 AM   #1
SCar24
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M F86

Fuel injectors X5M/X6M

Have been looking to replace the fuel injectors on my ride. Looking at realoem.com there are two options being referred to, EU6 and EU5, and some mention of determination function. I am guessing this is something ISTA does to determine which injector types the vehicle has?

Anyway, my question is do I need to install OEM injectors from BMW, or are Bosch injectors just as good to run with? Bosch injectors seem to be a fraction of the price.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2023, 01:09 PM   #2
Blewx5m
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5m

My 2015 car uses Eu6.. I found out through Ista.. I bought mine the Bosch version from FCP Euro and I have no issues with them with over 10k miles
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 03:25 AM   #3
SCar24
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewx5m View Post
My 2015 car uses Eu6.. I found out through Ista.. I bought mine the Bosch version from FCP Euro and I have no issues with them with over 10k miles
Looks like it will be the Bosch ones then. For all I know the OEM's are just rebranded Bosch in any case?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2023, 02:12 PM   #4
suitedcboy
Cattlecar
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i MSport

If you have a flex probe inspection camera you can see the Bosch numbers on the injectors without removing anything. FCP euro and another site had info with the part numbers that were the two injector versions. That will leave with zero doubts. The numbers are on the black plastic body of injector and you can move camera tip around and get a position where you can see them. My recollection was that the numbers were at 4 or 7 o'clock as look down around the injector body.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 04:05 PM   #5
SCar24
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitedcboy View Post
If you have a flex probe inspection camera you can see the Bosch numbers on the injectors without removing anything. FCP euro and another site had info with the part numbers that were the two injector versions. That will leave with zero doubts. The numbers are on the black plastic body of injector and you can move camera tip around and get a position where you can see them. My recollection was that the numbers were at 4 or 7 o'clock as look down around the injector body.
Thanks, will check that out.
Appreciate 0