GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-04-2024, 04:24 AM   #1
Insomtria
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2020

Odd 'sneezing' sound when accelerating

Hey all, been having this odd issue and wondering on everyone's opinion

A while back, the car developed this weird mechanical 'wheezing or sneezing' noise when lightly accelerating. But it only appears on low throttle and as you press the peddle further, the sound disappears and the turbos comes in. The car was still under warranty back then and a master tech at the dealership had a look and couldnt identify the issue and noted that the other M4s at the dealership sounded identical.

I swear the sound is getting more obvious now (could just be me over worrying) and reading another post (https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1683868). It seems like the car may have a crack somewhere (throttle plate, charge pipe etc).
A more recent service on the car also showed green across the car and with the dealership already marking this sound off, I'm not sure how to proceed.

The car also just finished its dealership warranty 30/12/23, so I could possibly get away with a goodwill repair if needed. Car is also fully stock and not tracked if it matters.
Appreciate 0