BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
jmcgraw013
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i Cv

Dumb question - losing back pocket buttons?

Have you lost back pocket buttons on your pants when getting into your 1 with sport seats? I guess it's my fat ass, but I keep ripping the damn buttons off of the back left pocket of my dockers - I think I've lost about 8 over the past year. No matter what I do, the buttons keep getting hung up on the left side lip of the sport seats when I get in the car. Other than losing 50 pounds or wearing polyester pants without back pockets, I'm not sure what to do. I'm laughing about this post even as I'm writing it; but it really is a pain in the ass

'11 135i Cabriolet
Crimson Red, CPO, Savanna Beige Lthr, High Gloss, Shadowline
DCT, Prem Pkg, Sp Pkg, Value Pkg, Sirius, Alarm, CA, 264's
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

get on that treadmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcgraw013 View Post
Have you lost back pocket buttons on your pants when getting into your 1 with sport seats? I guess it's my fat ass, but I keep ripping the damn buttons off of the back left pocket of my dockers - I think I've lost about 8 over the past year. No matter what I do, the buttons keep getting hung up on the left side lip of the sport seats when I get in the car. Other than losing 50 pounds or wearing polyester pants without back pockets, I'm not sure what to do. I'm laughing about this post even as I'm writing it; but it really is a pain in the ass
Put tape over your buttons, or unbutton your pockets so the buttons are inside.....I'm laughing because I've done this in my Cayman before, my only suggestion is moving the seat all the way back and moving the steering wheel all the way in when you get out so there is more room when you get in, that and open the door all the way and get in ...slowly.....
      04-21-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
GotM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ 6MT

Be careful with the buttons. I had a button that broke in half, and I did not know. When I took a seat into my M Roadster it left a nice scratch in the leather.

I get into my cars slowly, doing my best to avoid the bolster as I sit.
Appreciate 0