BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
bbaron
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328iT and 530xiT, 1 coming?

Taupe Top

I'd like to order the Taupe top because it will brighten up the interior, which is awfully dark with the top closed. But I'm concerned it doesn't match well with my exterior color choice of Blue Water and Taupe Leather. Anyone ever seen a taupe top on a 1? What do you think of the match with the blue water metallic and taupe leather?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Get moonlight black. It's more of a silver than a black. As the metal fibres in it catchthe sunlight...or moonlight and make the whole thing shine.

Besides beige tops are notoriously difficult to keep clean and looking good

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaron View Post
I'd like to order the Taupe top because it will brighten up the interior, which is awfully dark with the top closed. But I'm concerned it doesn't match well with my exterior color choice of Blue Water and Taupe Leather. Anyone ever seen a taupe top on a 1? What do you think of the match with the blue water metallic and taupe leather?
I've seen a 1 with the taupe top on a Cashmere car, and it looked good. It will match the taupe leather fine, and it would certainly look nice with the Blue Water exterior. My concern with that combo would be the same as BV, that top and interior is going to be a bit of a headache to keep looking nice. The taupe interior is *all* taupe - seats, carpet, lower dash, door sills, top liner, everything. If the car is a weekender that's not doing DD duty that's fine, otherwise I'd consider alternatives.

My 135 'vert is Blue Water, but has the straight black top and Savanna Beige interior. That interior is 2-toned, it has the tan seats and door accents but everything else is black. It's the best of all worlds IMHO, cooler in the summer than black, but distinctive and much easier to take care of than taupe.

The moonlight top is cool as well, I like it but others opinions haven't been so positive. Definitely see it in person if you're thinking about an order.

Just some food for thought...
Appreciate 0