BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 125i coupe

Sydney bodyshop recommendations

Hi Folks, well i've been a little average with my care of the car, have a few nicks, bumps, bruises, scrapes, indentations, scratches, chips and gouges that i'd like to get repaired. I hit a roo a couple of months ago, called my insurer (allianz), they said i can take it to get repaired any time.

What i'm hoping is that i can find a bodyshop/repairer who will quote the insurance company based on replacing the bumper (front left side was dinged), but then instead repair it, and within the cost of what the replacement parts would have been, also fix a few other dings and scrapes. The damage from the roo was very minimal, right on the side, hit it at about 25-30km/hr, it bounced off into a ditch, then got up and hopped off, the front side pannel is slightly bent, the bumper seems ok, but it's popped off the metal front quarter panel.

Anyone recommend a shop in Sydney for me?
      05-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #2
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by janus77 View Post
Hi Folks, well i've been a little average with my care of the car, have a few nicks, bumps, bruises, scrapes, indentations, scratches, chips and gouges that i'd like to get repaired. I hit a roo a couple of months ago, called my insurer (allianz), they said i can take it to get repaired any time.

What i'm hoping is that i can find a bodyshop/repairer who will quote the insurance company based on replacing the bumper (front left side was dinged), but then instead repair it, and within the cost of what the replacement parts would have been, also fix a few other dings and scrapes. The damage from the roo was very minimal, right on the side, hit it at about 25-30km/hr, it bounced off into a ditch, then got up and hopped off, the front side pannel is slightly bent, the bumper seems ok, but it's popped off the metal front quarter panel.

Anyone recommend a shop in Sydney for me?
Yep - the boys at Pittwater Smash Repairs. They got me a brand new wheel that had a 1cm x 2cm touch of rash from an accident.

However, if you take it to a dealership, they'll get EVERYTHING on your car repaired. Seriously, everything. I recommend calling Trivett and asking them. Let me know if you'd like a number of my guy there. He handled all the repairs to Christine last year (practically a full drivetrain replacement!)
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep

thanks dude, will let you know. I've never had to have any repairs done like this, can you organise it through the dealership, might be the better option i guess.
      05-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
thanks dude, will let you know. I've never had to have any repairs done like this, can you organise it through the dealership, might be the better option i guess.
Usually the dealership has their own contracted bodyworker.

The Trivett one is Parramatta Smash Repairs on Church St. You can either go through the dealer (probs recommended if you have mech damage as the dealer will do that), or go to the repairer.

Give Trivett a call and ask who their smash repairer is. I'm 99% certain its PSR, and seeing as though you don't have mech damage, go straight to PSR.

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Parramatta smash SUCKS. Had mum's car there and service was terrible. They don't even give you a loan vehicle. Take waaaay too long to complete the job too.

Go hit up North Shore Collision Centre, talk to the SA there called Con and say you're a friend of Jeff. He'll make sure everything is replaced and repaired to BMW factory standards (they only repair BMWs, you can see about 30 of them inside the workshop) and will claim as much as they need to fully do the job without taking shortcuts.

I had my recent $14,000 repair job done there. Gave me an Audi A4 loaner to boot.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #6
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Go hit up North Shore Collision Centre, .
If that's the place in Hotham Pde Artarmon - just up the hilll from Northshore BMW Service - then +1 for that. I had a wheel repaired there, and it's 1st class work.

Not sure what the connection is / isn't - but the wheel repair was organised by the dealer - maybe it's their preferred repairer.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #7
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfi2906 View Post
If that's the place in Hotham Pde Artarmon - just up the hilll from Northshore BMW Service - then +1 for that. I had a wheel repaired there, and it's 1st class work.

Not sure what the connection is / isn't - but the wheel repair was organised by the dealer - maybe it's their preferred repairer.
Yep, the workshop is literally next door to North Shore BMW service centre. Northshore Collision orders their genuine parts straight from the dealership.

Most smash repairers are filthy when you go inside (there's nothing really wrong with that, it is a workshop after all) but NCC is actually immaculate throughout. There's an air of German preciseness in the place.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
chylld
Major
Rep
Drives: G08 iX3

Garage List
Quote:
Go hit up North Shore Collision Centre, talk to the SA there called Con and say you're a friend of Jeff. He'll make sure everything is replaced and repaired to BMW factory standards (they only repair BMWs, you can see about 30 of them inside the workshop) and will claim as much as they need to fully do the job without taking shortcuts.

I had my recent $14,000 repair job done there. Gave me an Audi A4 loaner to boot.
+1000000. picked up my car from there yesterday after being rear-ended, absolutely faultless service from Con Koudsy (ck -at- northshorecollision.com.au) ... thanks again for the rec jeff.

Say you're a friend of Jeff & Jon
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep

looks like north shore collision it is.
now have to check with Allianz if they are a registered repairer for them..
      05-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #10
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep

so if i pay the excess, do you guys reckon they'll repair everything on the car? i accidentally hit a guy in front's tow bar, so there's a hole in the bumper, then the roo, then both rear wheels have kerb rash, and the boot lid has had the paint removed to the base metal in 1 spot where i didn't tie down a mountain bike pedal i was carrying on a boot mounted bike carrier. This also resulted in the centre brake light being broken.

Be rad to get it back all schmick.
      05-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #11
chylld
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
looks like north shore collision it is.
now have to check with Allianz if they are a registered repairer for them..
pretty sure they are, from their website: "We are recognised by all the major insurance companies including NRMA, Allianz, GIO, Suncorp, Lumley, QBE and Vero."

Quote:
so if i pay the excess, do you guys reckon they'll repair everything on the car? i accidentally hit a guy in front's tow bar, so there's a hole in the bumper, then the roo, then both rear wheels have kerb rash, and the boot lid has had the paint removed to the base metal in 1 spot where i didn't tie down a mountain bike pedal i was carrying on a boot mounted bike carrier. This also resulted in the centre brake light being broken.

Be rad to get it back all schmick.
that's something you'd have to ask your insurer not NCC. if they let you lump everything into one claim then win

OT: so glad i'm with nrma, so easy to claim. called them up, gave them the accident details and they asked me to pick a repairer. i said NCC and they said "yep that's fine, take the car to them whenever you want."
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #12
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep

Ok, waiting for Con to get back to me. Have to get a quote, then the assessment, hopefully there's some room in there to get the other nics and dents repaired, and a free PE exhaust in the deal.
hah.
      05-26-2011, 12:42 AM   #13
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks Chylld, Con was expecting my call, hehehe
Anyway dropping it in on Monday, and he'll see what's possible.
Be good to get all these annoying little damages fixed, then i need to be CAREFUL not to do them again!
      05-26-2011, 01:16 AM   #14
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep

New tyres on tomorrow (anyone up for a drive up the old pacific highway on Sunday?), then drop her in to Con on Monday to get checked out then the assessor will see it Tuesday before the repair.
      05-26-2011, 01:17 AM   #15
chylld
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
New tyres on tomorrow (anyone up for a drive up the old pacific highway on Sunday?)
Wrong direction we're driving to blue mountains this sunday!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 01:18 AM   #16
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep

i got no family, and they wouldn't be coming the way I'm going to be driving if i did..
      05-26-2011, 01:22 AM   #17
chylld
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
i got no family, and they wouldn't be coming the way I'm going to be driving if i did..
well if you change your mind and decide you want to join us and other bimmers on a scenic cruise on sunday, you know where we'll be
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 01:25 AM   #18
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Jesus mate it's been ages since you've come on a drive. Come out on Sunday and wear those tyres in!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 01:26 AM   #19
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Parramatta smash SUCKS. Had mum's car there and service was terrible. They don't even give you a loan vehicle. Take waaaay too long to complete the job too.

They did Christine and did an AWESOME job.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 01:44 AM   #20
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M140

Quote:
New tyres on tomorrow (anyone up for a drive up the old pacific highway on Sunday
Watch out for those on 2 wheels
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 02:01 AM   #21
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfi2906 View Post
Watch out for those on 2 wheels
Always do, used to be one myself! Trick i've found is to go around 1pm or so.. the nutter bikies are usually home safe and sound (or in the hospital) by then..
      05-26-2011, 02:03 AM   #22
janus77
Lieutenant
Rep

I'll see about Sunday, not sure at this point, actually taking the lady for a drive up the old pacific highway to the hunter valley Saturday to grab some cellar door specials, so potentially i'll be keen on Sunday for a Blue Mountains cruise for a change of scenery.

Will anyone coming have a 125i with the PE exhaust?