BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

06-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 M

Trade Assist - Finally!!! But, ???

Well it looks like thanks to my local dealer (Murray), I am finally going to get trade assist. The sales manager called me yesterday and said it was going through, but he didn't have my buy back number yet. Apparently the car (650i xdrive convert) is so new, there are no databases to base a price off. So, BMW in New Jersey is going to set the price. I don't think I could have survived this (without going postal), if their service and sales department hadn't been so helpful. Now,

What does everyone think is fair on a car with 1000 miles that spent 50 of 70 days in the shop?

How much of a hit is it worth price wise to get a 2013 instead if a 2012?

Thanks everyone, and remember the moral to this story. BMW stands by their cars, make sure you know your dealer well, and never buy a car out of state (especially from dealers in small towns in Nebraska who do a lot of Internet business).

Last edited by bradh2238; 06-09-2012 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: Added ?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 6 M(pkg) Coupe

Brad........... without a doubt....EVERY SINGLE PENNY YOU PAID SHOULD GO TOWARD THE NEW PURCHASE!!.... AND THEN SOME!!!

Talk about stress & duress, sleepless nights, countless trips, phone calls, weight loss (you lost weight right???)

Do not settle for anything less. They sold you a lemon....PERIOD!!! Time to pay the Piper. Good luck and keep us posted.

I would say that in all good faith........ a new M6 straight across the board will do nicely, and yes it has 2 cup holders!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep

If I was losing weight, I'd let them drag this out 3 more months.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh2238 View Post
If I was losing weight, I'd let them drag this out 3 more months.
Stress eating is the best part of crappy situations
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh2238
Well it looks like thanks to my local dealer (Murray), I am finally going to get trade assist. The sales manager called me yesterday and said it was going through, but he didn't have my buy back number yet. Apparently the car (650i xdrive convert) is so new, there are no databases to base a price off. So, BMW in New Jersey is going to set the price. I don't think I could have survived this (without going postal), if their service and sales department hadn't been so helpful. Now,

What does everyone think is fair on a car with 1000 miles that spent 50 of 70 days in the shop?

How much of a hit is it worth price wise to get a 2013 instead if a 2012?

Thanks everyone, and remember the moral to this story. BMW stands by their cars, make sure you know your dealer well, and never buy a car out of state (especially from dealers in small towns in Nebraska who do a lot of Internet business).
Just tell them to replace it with a new vehicle with same exact color and options. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tell them you want the payment the same or less.

Tell them you don't care if it 2012 or 2013.

If they don't agree then tell them it's lemon time.

The minute you add options or want a new model year the trap will snap shut and they will clobber you.

Just tow the line. You don't deserve more. If you lemon this thing then you will dealing with more trouble than you can handle plus your attorney is going to want his piece and you may not prevail on fees.

So just follow my advice here. This will make you sound reasonable and confident.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Just tell them to replace it with a new vehicle with same exact color and options. Nothing more, nothing less.

Tell them you want the payment the same or less.

Tell them you don't care if it 2012 or 2013.

If they don't agree then tell them it's lemon time.

The minute you add options or want a new model year the trap will snap shut and they will clobber you.

Just tow the line. You don't deserve more. If you lemon this thing then you will dealing with more trouble than you can handle plus your attorney is going to want his piece and you may not prevail on fees.

So just follow my advice here. This will make you sound reasonable and confident.
That's what I told them (same everything including colors) minus the 2013 issue. Even the service people here think my problems might be altitude related and the only other 2 cars I know of for sure with this problem have been at altitude. Everyone is hoping there are enough changes to the 2013 that it won't be an issue. As for legal fees. I am an attorney. No worries there. I'd just rather not deal with the hassle. . I thought about calling a lemon law attorney, but I didn't get a hold of any I would want to work with. Almost mailed a demand letter, but after talking to the dealer here they assured me BMW would do the right thing. I guess we will soon find out.
Appreciate 0