BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
BMWMilan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Is the F12/F13 the most beautiful BMW ever?

I've always thought the Z8 was the most visually well-designed BMW ever. But that was beautiful in an iconic sense.

I think the F12/F13 visually stunning in a sensual way. It's got an Aston Martin visual appeal to it.

It's pure eye-candy.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #2
RPB1
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 6 Series 640d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsedixit View Post
I've always thought the Z8 was the most visually well-designed BMW ever. But that was beautiful in an iconic sense.

I think the F12/F13 visually stunning in a sensual way. It's got an Aston Martin visual appeal to it.

It's pure eye-candy.
I agree
      10-02-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Having just bought one, I couldn't agree more - pics to follow.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
BMWMilan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol01 View Post
no way.even in the current range Z4 to me is the best looking
Yeah, the Z4 is definitely a looker. But given the choice, I think the F13 beats out the Z4 because of its wider stance.

And the restyled "Bangled Butt" puts Rihanna's to shame.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
Ice350
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus GS350

The F12/13 is nice but to me, the best looking BMW of all time is the 850.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
NicoleLusts4BMW
BeachBitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i M Package 20" wheels

I wouldn't argue with that comment. Just got my car detailed today. It sparkles like a diamond. A girls best friend.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #7
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 6 M(pkg) Coupe

Hey Nicole............ nice ride!! You made an excellent choice in color!!! Sometimes it's Blue and at night you'll bet the farm it's Black!!! Congrats and welcome to the site.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #8
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
I know we're all a little biased here, but I can't tell you how many strangers I've had tell me:
1. That's the most beautiful BMW I've ever seen.
2. I never liked the looks of BMW until now.
3. BMW finally got it right.
... To name a few.

The Z4 is definitely a looker - and the Zagato Coupe even more so - but the F12/13 seems to be the perfect combination of the classic long, low, wide coupe with sleek lines and modern touches (specifically, the full LEDs).

I've said this before, but it os fitting here as well: the 6er coupe/'vert is an exercise in frivolity. It is exceedingly large (dimensions and weight) for the sake of looking good and maximizing driver comfort. The Z4 is a heck of a lot lighter and is focused more toward performance over space and luxury. The 6er combines looks, luxury, comfort, and performance (in descending order of importance) while never seeming like a compromise with regard to any one of those characteristics. The 6er could be a lot lighter and smaller for the sake of saving weight - decrease passenger comfort, drop some of the heavy electronic toys, pull out the small herd's worth of leather, shorten the huge hood, and shrink the trunk. These changes would surely make for a better car, but I for one wouldn't pay 6er money for that car. Btw, that car is called an M3 The M3 is an astonishing car, especially given its price tag, but it doesn't have the presence of the F12/13 - more of a beefier 3er.

Like I said above, we're a biased group here, but it's hard to deny its beauty.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #9
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

couldn't agree more... givs a whole new meanin 2 '6ex on wheels'

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 01:54 AM   #10
NicoleLusts4BMW
BeachBitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i M Package 20" wheels

The person who detailed my car over the last two days has worked on some of the most expensive and exotic cars in the world. What I got is called a "new car detail" He spent 12 hours on the car. Every surface on the car was meticulously treated including the engine bay, internal wheels and some places I don't even see on a day to day basis. I had to wait over a month to get my appointment since he works on one car at a time. Some corrections have taken him as many as 65-70 hours depending on the condition of the paint surfaces. With that said he could not say enough nice things about the looks and design of the my Gran Coupe. He was especially impressed with the interior detail, stitching and materials used. Yes, it was his first Gran Coupe but this is a man has touched and seen every high end car you can imagine. Check out his web site www.justwaxed.net it will give you a glimpse into the kind of professional detailer Bob is.

All of us that are fortunate enough to be able to call our cars a BMW F12/F13 should be proud to know that we are truly driving one of "the most beautiful cars in he World"… Not just BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #11
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
I know we're all a little biased here, but I can't tell you how many strangers I've had tell me:
1. That's the most beautiful BMW I've ever seen.
2. I never liked the looks of BMW until now.
3. BMW finally got it right.
... To name a few.
As someone coming from the E92 M3 to the 650i, I concur. While the M3 turned a lot of heads and I received many compliments, these were mostly from teenage boys - not good.

The 6er elicits similar responses, but from a much broader demographic – pretty much everybody. I get compliments at the pumps, while driving, at stop lights in traffic, in parking lots (even though I am miles from other cars) and I even notice gawks from joggers and other motorists when I drive by.

After 6 months of ownership, I still find the car gorgeous, and I have a pretty short attention span – just ask my wife. I believe it will remain a timeless beauty.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #12
TopDownInFL
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650 Coupe

I love the look of my car. I happened to be in NY today and saw a blue Z8. I have to say, from a "classic and timeless" look, I still want one (in addition to my modern, sexy 650!).
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 02:49 AM   #13
vegadonovan
Rep
Drives: F12 Black

Agreed that the 6 is nice. What i like about it most is the size of it like a beefed up 2 door. Most of the other makes are usually smaller and zips around I feel. The 6 rolls around with enough presence to make an impression most of the time =) But the inside still feels cramp at the back. That's what my rear passengers said " looks huge on the outside but not as big on the inside " =P

Nonetheless if it was all about ferrying people I guess we would have gotten a 7 or a 5 for maximum comfort and headroom I guess.

=) enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #14
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bönz
As someone coming from the E92 M3 to the 650i, I concur. While the M3 turned a lot of heads and I received many compliments, these were mostly from teenage boys - not good.

The 6er elicits similar responses, but from a much broader demographic – pretty much everybody. I get compliments at the pumps, while driving, at stop lights in traffic, in parking lots (even though I am miles from other cars) and I even notice gawks from joggers and other motorists when I drive by.

After 6 months of ownership, I still find the car gorgeous, and I have a pretty short attention span – just ask my wife. I believe it will remain a timeless beauty.
lol. Yeah, I felt like the M3 or 911 were the cars people expected me to get for my demographic. My friends always tease me about being an old man. While the F12/13 isn't no means and "old man car," it does have a mature, classic beauty that is hard to find without looking at Astons and Bentleys at the price of two 6ers.

The fact that I get admiring looks everywhere I go, nice restaurants, movie theaters, intersections (in the respectable parts of town as well as those where I wish I were driving a dilapidated pick-up as to not draw attention to myself ), middle of bum effin' nowhere in the country, the doctors' lot a work, the peon parking at work, etc. says a lot about the universal appeal of this car.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #15
ctenidae
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i Coupe- Manual

I get a lot of "That's a beautiful car" commetns at gas stations. Fortunately, they can't see the cost of filling it up!

I've had mine for about 6 months, but sometimes when I walk out of a store I see my car out of the corner of my eye, and I still think, "That's a nice looking car there" before I realize it's my car.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #16
Jtulman33
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 650ci

The 6 series is a very special car indeed. From the original 635CSI with the "shark nose" to our modern day 6 - it is a magnificent automobile! I have had my 2013 for 1 month and have received countless accolades on the car. One was at an intersection where both a driver and passenger of an adjacent car gave me a thumbs up and the other was a gentleman asking me "what is it like to drive my dream car?" That is powerful stuff. I am very proud to be driving "the ultimate driving machine!"
Appreciate 0