BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Body shop recommendation in Los Angeles

Pains me to have to post this, but does anyone know of a good bodyshop in Los Angeles?

I live near Hollywood and have a busy work schedule, so the closer the better.

My car was hit while parked and needs a new hood and new front bumper, I've already got the insurance estimate done and thankfully the other party's insurance will be paying for parts and repair

I know there are some excellent options in OC/SGV (DTM Autobody, LTMW, etc) but seeing if anyone knew of any in the Los Angeles city.

Thanks!
      09-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbchun View Post
Pains me to have to post this, but does anyone know of a good bodyshop in Los Angeles?

I live near Hollywood and have a busy work schedule, so the closer the better.

My car was hit while parked and needs a new hood and new front bumper, I've already got the insurance estimate done and thankfully the other party's insurance will be paying for parts and repair

I know there are some excellent options in OC/SGV (DTM Autobody, LTMW, etc) but seeing if anyone knew of any in the Los Angeles city.

Thanks!
Check out Beverly Hills Auto Body Group right by the Beverly Center at La Cienega and San Vicente. They did stellar work on my 135 twice, were the authorized body shop for Beverly Hills BMW for many years and do mostly high end cars. I think my 135 was the cheapest car there. It's also convenient as they have their own fleet of rental cars there and progessive insurance has an office on-site in case that's the other party's insurance company. Hope that helps cause I don't really trust anybody but had 2 good experiences with them.

Also, you should talk to sonicbimmer19 on here as he's in the same position as you and is getting a bumper refinished at Avio Coach Craft in West Los Angeles so he may have already had his work done for feedback. You can check it out in this thread:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...php?p=14627478

Last edited by gregthegr8; 09-10-2013 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep

thanks for the reply! sounds like excellent recommendations
      09-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
thanks for the reply! sounds like excellent recommendations
No problem. Please let us know what you end up doing and what you think of the quality of the work wherever you go for all our benefit heaven forbid any of us have to take it somewhere, which is almost inevitable given the awful (and crazy) drivers in this city.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep

thank you, will do!

yes, this city is full of crazy drivers. i consider myself extremely fortunate the other individual was a responsible gentleman that left a note
      09-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
thank you, will do!

yes, this city is full of crazy drivers. i consider myself extremely fortunate the other individual was a responsible gentleman that left a note
Seriously. You're REALLY lucky they left a note. Whoever destroyed and smashed the hell out of the rear bumper on my 2008 135...sure didn't leave a note.

Best of luck, hope it turns out good as new.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Seriously. You're REALLY lucky they left a note. Whoever destroyed and smashed the hell out of the rear bumper on my 2008 135...sure didn't leave a note.

Best of luck, hope it turns out good as new.
ouch

in the weirdest sense, the stars were aligned in my favor, the accident happened in an orthodox jewish neighborhood on the week of rosh hashanah, in front of a synagogue nonetheless lol

said to myself, "this has to be the only place in los angeles someone would leave a note"

and thank you, i'll make sure to post before/after
      09-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Sorry to hear about your car. I know you already mentioned it but DTM in El Monte is worth the drive.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #9
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Check out Beverly Hills Auto Body Group right by the Beverly Center at La Cienega and San Vicente. They did stellar work on my 135 twice, were the authorized body shop for Beverly Hills BMW for many years and do mostly high end cars. I think my 135 was the cheapest car there. It's also convenient as they have their own fleet of rental cars there and progessive insurance has an office on-site in case that's the other party's insurance company. Hope that helps cause I don't really trust anybody but had 2 good experiences with them.

Also, you should talk to sonicbimmer19 on here as he's in the same position as you and is getting a bumper refinished at Avio Coach Craft in West Los Angeles so he may have already had his work done for feedback. You can check it out in this thread:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...php?p=14627478
Per your recommendation I've dropped my 135i to BHAutobody for repair. So far I've been very pleased with their service and they've taken the time to do a thorough inspection and found additional issues not identified by the initial adjuster. The 997 GT2RS that was there was pretty sweet to look at too

Rental provided seamlessly and now just anxiously awaiting the repair to be finished. Might have to gift the car an ECU tune after all this ordeal
      09-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #10
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Per your recommendation I've dropped my 135i to BHAutobody for repair. So far I've been very pleased with their service and they've taken the time to do a thorough inspection and found additional issues not identified by the initial adjuster. The 997 GT2RS that was there was pretty sweet to look at too

Rental provided seamlessly and now just anxiously awaiting the repair to be finished. Might have to gift the car an ECU tune after all this ordeal
Hope they take care of you as I had 2 good experiences there, but heaven forbid it's not perfect, please don't blame me!

And like I said, mine seemed to be the turd of the bunch in front when I rolled up and parked it in front. You should definitely get the car a nice gift though. Perhaps a PPK or performance exhaust if you don't already have 'em.

Let us know how it turns out as I'll probably go there heaven forbid anything happens to my new one, but told them when I left last time, thanks, but hope I never see you guys again.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #11
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hope they take care of you as I had 2 good experiences there, but heaven forbid it's not perfect, please don't blame me!

And like I said, mine seemed to be the turd of the bunch in front when I rolled up and parked it in front. You should definitely get the car a nice gift though. Perhaps a PPK or performance exhaust if you don't already have 'em.

Let us know how it turns out as I'll probably go there heaven forbid anything happens to my new one, but told them when I left last time, thanks, but hope I never see you guys again.
Haha no worries I had several options to consider and made the personal decision to come here, thank you again for bringing the shop to my attention.
      09-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #12
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Haha no worries I had several options to consider and made the personal decision to come here, thank you again for bringing the shop to my attention.
I live like half a mile down the street from there and I have progressive, so was a no brainer for me after several porsche and ferrari owners at my work suggested them.

How long they say it is going to take? And they have to go with new hood and bumper? Or more?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #13
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep

no time estimate yet, originally I was told that just a hood and bumper needed to be replaced but when I spoke with them today they needed the adjuster to come out again for another evaluation, I guess the original shop that did my estimate overlooked some issues. Thank goodness the other parties insurance is covering it all.
      11-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #14
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep

well after a long drawn out battle between insurance companies (the bastard that hit me was minimally insured ) , finally have the car back

looks brand new, thank you for the recommendation gregthegr8! the folks at Beverly Hills Autobody were very professional and had great communication through the entire process. even our the local insurance adjuster that handled the claim had previously very positive experiences working with BH Autobody as well.

snapped a few quick pix this morning in my work garage, will have to get better sunlight to do it justice

Attached Images

Last edited by dbchun; 11-14-2013 at 09:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #15
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
well after a long drawn out battle between insurance companies (the bastard that hit me was minimally insured ) , finally have the car back

looks brand new, thank you for the recommendation gregthegr8!

snapped a few quick pix this morning, will have to get better sunlight to do it justice
Looks great! Keep parking in lots like that, too from now on to keep her safe!

It's funny, I got worried when we never heard what happened that you went there, they did a crap job and you were pissed so never posted anything after that. So, glad things worked out in the end.

People in this city are CRAZY and awful drivers. Now go out and enjoy it in our harsh weather.
Appreciate 0