BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-08-2014, 03:44 AM   #1
Mb23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: It's a BM

Still no Mocha Dakota in Multi Contour....

I still can't believe they have not fixed this yet or changed it, at this time you still can not order the Mocha Dakota/M Sport in Multi Contour seats. I don't get it...

Anyone figure out a work around..?
      01-08-2014, 03:49 AM   #2
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb23
I still can't believe they have not fixed this yet or changed it, at this time you still can not order the Mocha Dakota/M Sport in Multi Contour seats. I don't get it...

Anyone figure out a work around..?
I know. That is why i had to order it wth sport seats and add lumbar support (which i hear is useless). No leather dashboard also wth this combo, so antother restriction.

I think it would make nappa mocha package less appealing. If optional, adding leather dash to dakota mocha is still cheaper than the mocha package. I love the look of nappa mocha package (ESPECIALLY WITH SEAT VENTILATION), but think it is way to sensitive especially if you have kids (or plan to have kids). The material in the door was so soft that I could visualize my kids in the back doing damage with their shoes while seated in their child seat. It was a difficult choice to rule out nappa as it looks/feels (even smells) so good. I hear sport seats on F15 are quite good and no matter what people here say, I think that the old comfort seats on E70/E71 offered more comfort then these (less visibility for rear passengers in E70/E71 though compared to the new ones). At least I am "comforting" myself with this assumption .

I think there will be no work around for what you asked. Even special order is not possible with this combo. I even looked into BMW Individual options (Amaro brown is not as sensitive as Nappa mocha but looked too bright, Criollo brown is as sensitive), but went with Dakota Mocha in the end.

So for most of the things on this car that I have ordered I did a fair amount of research and found no way to order MC with Dakota Mocha. Looked into other options, admitted defeat and went with sports seats with dakota mocha.

Last edited by 1230vani; 01-08-2014 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: added more text
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 04:04 AM   #3
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Maybe I am being naïve, but I assume that you ^^^ have tried Special Order.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
Mb23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: It's a BM

Yes, this is annoying.
      01-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #5
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

I couldnt also believe this, didnt get also any clarification why. Went with black Dakota in M50d.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 08:27 PM   #6
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
That was my biggest issue so far...production confirmed that Dakota Mocha doesn't come with MC seats (or comfort seats)...the only Mocha you get is NAPPA which I don't like...
So I've opted for standard seats just to get the Dakota mocha...not the best of choices I know...
Appreciate 0