BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

02-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
Edward
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013.9999 E92 Jerez ZCP

SS lines and warranty

I want a BBK for poser reasons. To have the yellow calipers and the big rotors that I don't need on my super short commuter M3.

I won't ever build up the heat necessary to require a BBK upgrade. So while I sit here with 5.5 years or 94k miles left of free rotors and pads and service from BMWNA, I still want better braking. If I did SS line upgrades and fluid upgrades, would BMW still honor my warranty and replace my rotors and pads when they are down?

I'd be fine supplying my own fluid to the techs to replace my brake components. In reality I'm perfectly happy with the performance and feel of the stock calipers/pads/rotors. But if SS lines and fluid will give me a noticeable bump up in response and stopping distance, I'd want to do the upgrade because I do take my car through the canyons a decent amount.
Appreciate 0