BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

Mporium BMW

06-08-2014, 01:12 AM   #1
LSM3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F06 ///M6 GranCoupe

What are you paying for brakes and other consumables?

Hi All,

Was just wondering what everyone was paying for OEM rotors and pads replacement, and if there was any common alternatives that enthusiasts are using?

Coming from a couple of E46 M3s, the price of OEM brakes was really reasonable and readily available from retailers such as Turner Motorsport (even CSL brakes for my Competition Package). The low price and excellent all round performance has kept me using BMW OEM brakes.

Moving into the E90, it doesn't seem as though retailers stock OEM BMW E9X M3 brakes, and i am largely unsure what people are paying in Australia.

If anyone has any info that would be appreciated.

-Liam.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 01:58 AM   #2
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
Hi All,

Was just wondering what everyone was paying for OEM rotors and pads replacement, and if there was any common alternatives that enthusiasts are using?

Coming from a couple of E46 M3s, the price of OEM brakes was really reasonable and readily available from retailers such as Turner Motorsport (even CSL brakes for my Competition Package). The low price and excellent all round performance has kept me using BMW OEM brakes.

Moving into the E90, it doesn't seem as though retailers stock OEM BMW E9X M3 brakes, and i am largely unsure what people are paying in Australia.

If anyone has any info that would be appreciated.

-Liam.
To date, 46k km later, I am still on my original sets. The OBD is showing that I have more than 17k km before I need any replacement. Normally dealers charges 2 hours labour for both back and brake pad replacement and I would say add another couple of hours if it includes rotor replacement. I think the front pads retail close to $275.

I have looked at alternate pads as a replacement Euro Ceramic Pads and I was quoted $400 for both front and back.

http://www.lintrex.com.au/
      06-08-2014, 04:43 AM   #3
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

F&R Rotors from BMW I got quoted $2k.

My car is going to need get rotors and brakes in the next 6-12 months so I am also looking around. I have found places online that you can get a full brake kit that includes brakes, rotors, fluid etc for around $2000 delivered to Australia. (This includes some oem and aftermarket parts)