BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #1
devil me
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i White/Red

Quarter Window Options

Last night my car was broken into and the bandits broke both the passenger window and half-smashed the quarter window (it's being held together with tape). The passenger window will be taken care of tomorrow but I'm having some trouble with the quarter window.

The glass dealers don't seem to have the quarter window in their systems or at least can't order it. I called BMW and its $231 CAD not installed. Are there other less expensive options?

It's cold in Canada. I need a window.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 09:22 PM   #2
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil me View Post
Last night my car was broken into and the bandits broke both the passenger window and half-smashed the quarter window (it's being held together with tape). The passenger window will be taken care of tomorrow but I'm having some trouble with the quarter window.

The glass dealers don't seem to have the quarter window in their systems or at least can't order it. I called BMW and its $231 CAD not installed. Are there other less expensive options?

It's cold in Canada. I need a window.
$231 CAD doesn't sound bad if you ask me, considering how expensive things are for these cars. However, there's a guy on here with a salvaged 135i and he's parting it out and selling everything he can. I think he'd give you that window for cheap. Check in the for sale section
Appreciate 0